Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Solo II is fun in a GT!
642 Posts
Ditto oldopelguy! Replace hoses.

Same thing happend to me at 55mph (state road don't ya know). Replaced both your brake hoses, not just one side. Better get the back single while you are at it.
Remember to bleed your brakes every year
until you get to the clean fluid. Nothing stops like clean fluid.
I'm sure RacerBob and RallyBob are with me on this.
,Dan

642 Posts
Bad Hoses

Sorry the answer is no.
You will not be able to tell if you old hose is kaput by doing a simple bleed test.
When a hose collapse on the inside it is difficult to tell. One day they may work fine, and the next day while you are taking a left turn your caliper locks up. These things have a good amount of pressure running thru them. After all they have to stop the car.

If your hoses are old then replace them. Napa and OGTS sell them at a resonable price compared to the expence of not replacing them and smacking the nose off your car.

642 Posts
One man brake bleed

It can sting sometimes. Make sure you have plenty of fresh brake fluid on hand to bleed the holy hell out of your brake system.

Start with clean fluid in the reservoir by drawing out the old fluid with a large syringe from the local Feed and Seed/Veterinarian Supply store and a piece of vacuum hose.
Then fill the reservoir with fresh fluid.

Next bleed the system by opening one bleeder screw at a time. Drawing out the old fluid with that same large syringe and vac.tube.

Start at the back of the car. Draw the old fluid out untill you get fresh clean fluid and empty the full syringe into a used oil container. Repeat for each wheel.

Cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.