Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1970-GT
1,242 Posts
Nice to have another FL Opel owner close to me.
A few Opel folks around our area.
We rarely get together.......busy laying at the beach watching the girls or working on our Opel's????
No club that I know of.
We meet at Zephyrhills car show/auction once a year.
Like Gene said, look at the member list, maybe you can organize a meet!
It's so hot right now, A/C is working but struggling to keep my GT cool.
Send me a PM.
Lyle
*Still waiting for my business stimulas check!
*Gene, If things get any worse, I will have to put a rifle rack in the back of my GT!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
local

there is a weekly car show at the burger king on 19 in st pete sat nites at 8 thats where i first saw my ascona few years ago..
i think ive seen a gt or two over the years there ..vw club meets there sat nites along with the classic car guys....my opel isint roadworthy yet and so dang hot im not real motivated .i am looking forward to meeting other fl opelers maybe we can get few opels down there ....

·
231 Posts
Any other Opel GaTors out there?

I'm Jonzo, here in Tampa.
One man, six Opels, and not enough time or money!
Any other Opel GaTors out there?

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
when do they have it?

when do they do it? sat nites too? hey i figured out you from new hampshire? i am too... i lived in new durham went to kingswood hs in wolfeboro nh

·
wicked wagoneer
65 Posts
when do they do it? sat nites too? hey i figured out you from new hampshire? i am too... i lived in new durham went to kingswood hs in wolfeboro nh
They do it on Wednesday nights over here. There is some pretty sweet rides that show up week after week.

Yes i am from NH. I was born and raised in Portsmouth. I moved down here about 3 years ago. The salt water air of being on the seacoast is about the only thing i miss about up there.:lmao:

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Anyone near Daytona area?
I am here in Deltona Florida, let's get a cruise goin!
Dang thats my old stompin grounds. Central Fla rocks with all its springs and lakes.
Back in '84 or was it '83 the big Christmas freeze doomed the citrus industry.
The high temp that day was 32.
Rock Springs,Alexander Springs
I'm getting home sick
Florida cracker

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm in Orlando near UCF.

I have never seen an Opel Gt on the road since I got to Florida in 2000.

I've had mine a few months now. Still looking to put A\C in her, but she's my daily driver now!

The only time I don't use her is when I'm towing my skis, going to Lowe's for supplies, or when I REALLY need to get somewhere on time -

I have to figure in a 20 minute delay for every stop I make, because of the people who stop me to ask about the car!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
update ascona

worked on the ascona today,,,tracing fuel gauge problem,,sending unit checks out gauge works too ,break in the wire suspected somewhere..
all other gauges working ,,located a brand new master cyl today

·
wicked wagoneer
65 Posts
worked on the ascona today,,,tracing fuel gauge problem,,sending unit checks out gauge works too ,break in the wire suspected somewhere.
I have issues with my fuel gauge too. I found that on mine there is a bad connection in the big plug that goes into the gauge cluster. I haven't really figured out if its in the plug its self or the gauge cluster. I can move the whole wiring harness up by the plug and get the gauge to work (for awhile). Nothing else in the cluster seems to be effected and works properly so i don't know lol.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I have issues with my fuel gauge too. I found that on mine there is a bad connection in the big plug that goes into the gauge cluster. I haven't really figured out if its in the plug its self or the gauge cluster. I can move the whole wiring harness up by the plug and get the gauge to work (for awhile). Nothing else in the cluster seems to be effected and works properly so i don't know lol.

well what was wrong with the gas gauge was loose connection on the nut that connects the gauge to the foil circuit... tightened it up and replaced the terminal on gas tank module now it works fine,,i driving every day,,,lol i took the car down to local car show and won a trophy!!!lol 19 cars and 20 trophys so,,im working on the brakes ,have to make all new lines for the rear,,,also replaced muffler and made new tailpipe...thanks im so happy i get to drive an opel,,,,gets lots of looks i put the stock rims on with new rubber(easier to steer)
[/IMG]

·
wicked wagoneer
65 Posts
well what was wrong with the gas gauge was loose connection on the nut that connects the gauge to the foil circuit... tightened it up and replaced the terminal on gas tank module now it works fine,,i driving every day,,,lol i took the car down to local car show and won a trophy!!!lol 19 cars and 20 trophys so,,im working on the brakes ,have to make all new lines for the rear,,,also replaced muffler and made new tailpipe...thanks im so happy i get to drive an opel,,,,gets lots of looks i put the stock rims on with new rubber(easier to steer)
[/IMG]
Wow, that car looks good. Thats awsome you won a trophy with it at a car show. I am very glad your enjoying the car and doing more to it then i had. With the stock 13's it must sit really low now huh? Now im really going to have to get another because i all ready miss her after these pics.....:lmao::yup:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts