Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,

I posted some pics of my flowmaster exhaust system in the members gallery under Nathan Acree. I have a couple of sound clips too, but apparently comcast will no longer let me access my webspace. Anyone have any idea where I could post them, they are a couple of megs each (zipped).

Nathan Acree
Albuquerque New Mexico

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron,

I think it has kind of a vintage sound. If anyone has every heard a GT with open exhaust, the sound is the same only much louder!

The sound clips do not capture the sound at idle very well though. To get a decent clip of the idle, I had to have the mic very close to the tailpipe and it would over range the mic when I revved the motor.

Nathan Acree
Albuquerque New Mexico

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Nice looking setup, Nathan. Did you or a shop set it up? And what will you use for the rear suport, the old doughnuts?

·
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had the system built about four years ago (Jim's Route 66 Muffler). It looked really nice until the car I put it on developed an oil leak and it stripped all of the high temp coating off of the flowmaster and glasspack (looks pretty grungy now).

The exhaust has a hanger in the middle that attaches to the torque tube support and is suspended in the rear by generic "donuts" available at most auto parts places. Basically the shop copied the way the stock rear "resonator" was attached.

BTW, this exhaust system has been on three different cars. The car it was bulit on was at stock ride height, and then it was installed on a lowered car, which required some persuasion with a hammer on my part to get some extra clearance. It also scraped speed bumps on the lowered car which also makes it look like its in worse shape.

Nathan Acree
Albuquerque New Mexico

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello Everyone,

I posted some pics of my flowmaster exhaust system in the members gallery under Nathan Acree. I have a couple of sound clips too, but apparently comcast will no longer let me access my webspace. Anyone have any idea where I could post them, they are a couple of megs each (zipped).

Nathan Acree
Albuquerque New Mexico
The downloads were just fine. I'm definitely looking for a diagram of flowmaster exhaust system for a nice setup. Anyone does have?

·
Registered
60 Posts
vid wouldnt open.:sigh: wonder what an afterburner muffler would sound like on da opel or an N1 racing?. afterburner the best sounding v6-v8 muffler ive ever bought. afforable also. has a lot of down shift in gear idle cackel.

i always wuved that.:biglaugh:

·
Non Civilian
2,094 Posts
vid wouldnt open.:sigh: wonder what an afterburner muffler would sound like on da opel or an N1 racing?. afterburner the best sounding v6-v8 muffler ive ever bought. afforable also. has a lot of down shift in gear idle cackel.

i always wuved that.:biglaugh:
I had an afterburner and I liked it. Good sound if you can fit it. If you can find a center in /offset out you should be able to do it. That is how I put in my Magnaflow.

Attachments

·
Phil
2 Posts
Exhaust Pics

have you got other pictures of the location of the hangers, especially near the resonator. It appears my opel was rigged, I am having everything replaced but want to be sure they install everything as it should be. They did not have any of the exhaust parts (CarX), I got them from Opel GT Source. Any helps with a correctly installed exhaust system. Thanks, phil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts