Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever had a Flowmaster 40 Series (or any series) Exhaust on their Opel GT? I have a 1973, 1.9 Liter Stock engine. How does it sound? I want a nice sounding exhaust, that makes it sound like it has LOTS of power! You know what I mean lol. Post your replys.

·
451 Posts
I have a 40 series Flowmaster on my 1.9 GT. It sounds pretty good, but by itself is LOUD. I ended up using a 24" glasspack in front of the Flowmaster to tone things down, plus I have dual single Monza tips with resonators that help to take the edge off as well. Flowmaster now offers a 40 Series "Delta Flow" which do substantially cut down on interior noise (was not available when I put mine on).

I will see if I can get some pics and/or a sound clip this weekend.

Nathan Acree
Albuquerque New Mexico

·
1000 Post Club
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That would be great for Interior/Exterior sound clips! Pics would be nice to see how you got it all hooked up. With the 40 Series..is both the Interior and Exterior tone loud? Or is it just one or the other. Also, with the Delta Flow, does that effect the Interior or Exterior or both?

I want something that IS loud, but I dont want the Interior noise to be so bad that it drowns out my music, or just gives me headaches LOL

·
451 Posts
Sparky73 said:

I want something that IS loud, but I dont want the Interior noise to be so bad that it drowns out my music, or just gives me headaches LOL
Well, you have mutually exclusive goals then. GTs do not have good sound insulation, so by definition any exhaust that is "loud" is going to be loud inside or outside the car if you do not bolster the sound insulation.

That said, the "Delta Flow" versions reduce INTERIOR resonances- the boomy sounds at certain engine speeds.

Take a look at flowmasters website"

http://www.flowmastermufflers.com

They have charts with relative sound levels and also explain what the different series of mufflers sound like.

Nathan Acree
Albuquerque New Mexico

·
Opeling since 1991!
313 Posts
I would like to recommend the Magnaflow products. I put them on my Manta thanks to the recommendations here last year and I am VERY happy with the sound.

Pics at www.ddz.net\albums

1 - 6 of 6 Posts