Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont' know if I've asked before, but I couldnt find in with a search....

I saw somewhere that the flywheel bolts for a Pinto 2.0L will work with the Opel. Is this correct? ARP makes them in a hp set #151-2801. They are 10mm, not sure on length. Is this correct?

The other bolt question today is about pressure plate bolts. I have an S10 clutch and pressure plate. I've gotten the flywheel machined flat now it needs drilled and tapped, so I need to figure out what kind of bolts to use for this? Any suggestions on what 6 bolts to use to keep everything togeather?

Thanks

Dan

·
149 Posts
I'm doing the same thing down here in Lewiston. Is there anyone up there that would be trustworthy enough to do the work?

Darrin

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Precision Balance is the best reasonable shop in town. They're into custom hi-performance work. For a less expensive shop that gaurantees their work, Jones engine supply is a good choice, but prefer to do mass production profit work. They will do some custom work. Precision will be doing my spin balancing. My dad is in the automotive machine shop at SCC so he is doing all the machining and weight matching, but doesn't have the time to spend balancing the crank, flywheel and pressure plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts