Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flywheel on various CIH

I've just heard that the 2.4 has a different Flywheel assembly to the 1.9/2.0/2.2 in that not only is the clutch plate bigger but the flywheel bolts are different.....does anyone know if there's any truth in this?

If this is the case does this mean I cant mount my 2.2 flywheel to the 2.4 crank or are there any 'fixes' out there?

·
Super Moderator
13,844 Posts
Motor Mouth said:
I've just heard that the 2.4 has a different Flywheel assembly to the 1.9/2.0/2.2 in that not only is the clutch plate bigger but the flywheel bolts are different.....does anyone know if there's any truth in this?

If this is the case does this mean I cant mount my 2.2 flywheel to the 2.4 crank or are there any 'fixes' out there?

The 2.4 Frontera engines use a large, heavy 'dual mass' flywheel. It won't fit within a Getrag's bellhousing. You can use any 1.9, 2.0, 2.2 flywheel on your 2.4 engine however, but I suggest using the largest clutch you can to deal with the increased torque (preferably the 2.2 unit then). The 2.4 crankshaft does in fact use a different pitch bolt to secure the flywheel to the crank, whereas the 1.5-->2.2 engines use the same bolts. But you can use those same 2.4 bolts to secure the 2.2 flywheel to the 2.4 crankshaft.

Bob

·
'NO,......O P E L..G T!'
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bob you're a gem :)

Question answered, all I've got to do now is confirm that it's definately a 2.4 crank that I've got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts