Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think that I remember reading an earlier post that someone turned a flywheel down to around 18lbs .Does anyone have information on that I've just sent out my block,head,crank so I thought that while I'm waiting to see what I need for bearings I would have the flywheel done and ready for the block to come back for reassembly Dennis

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Do yourself a favor and have the flywheel machined flat. Then do the s-10 clutch, don't forget to have it balanced. They needed a crank to do mine so now would be a good time for you. I paid right around 225 for all the work and the clutch and throw out bearing. You loose weight on the flywheel and get a bigger clutch. Sounded like a win win to me.

·
Super Moderator
6,024 Posts
I moved this thread to the "Drive-train" heading, as it has more to do with the clutch and such than the engine.

Have a look around here, and do a search for "Lightened Flywheel" and "S-10" for the clutch. There are a number of excellent threads on lightening the flywheel and converting to the S-10 clutch.

·
Member 1000 Post Club
1,520 Posts
A few months back, I sent my Flywheel to Bob Dennard at TGSI and had it lightened and balanced. I believe it now weighs about 17.5 pounds. I paid about $125. When I took all my engine parts in to a local shop to have the rotating assembly balanced (among other things), they had nothing but nice things to say about Bob's work.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts