1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
The Young One
1,757 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,894 Posts
I imagine the thing behind the brake master cylinder is some kind of brake booster or power brake assist, although I don't think I've ever seen that in a GT before.
Looks like a Malpassi fuel pressure regulator.

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,736 Posts
Yes, I think they mentioned that in the writeup, but it appears to have been "eurofied" with bits like the electric windshield washers, clear front turn indicators, etc.
The clear lights on the front underneath the bumper are a combination of parking lights (5W bulbs) and high beams (not fog lights, not driving lights) in Europe.

Dieter

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
606 Posts
Pop out rear quarter windows, Round dash indicator lights. I can't see the bumper all that well. I am thinking this is a 1971 GT.

·
Registered
The Young One
1,757 Posts
Reactions: Knorm65

·
Registered
1970 Opel Gt - Purchased July 1972 - Chartreuse - restored - 3000 miles as of 02-16, 2021 -
1,101 Posts
One thing I noticed is the number of screws holding the instrument panel in place. Mine is a 1970 model and only has 2 screws that hold the instrument panel in place and this one appears to have more than that which I believe indicates a newer model, 71-73, but could just be a replacement instrument panel. Not that it is an indication of what year but the car is missing the lighter, the cap on the key ignition switch and the boot around the key ignition switch, makes me wonder what else is missing. Also would like to see the under side of the car.
However with all that said a very nice looking GT.

·
Can Opeler
4,096 Posts
The VIN says 1969 but I’m betting the VIN plate is donated from another car.

-it has a 1970+ instrument panel warning lights
-it has a 1971+ panel mounting system
-pre 1972 buttons and switches
-it has 1971+ body emblem locations
-it has 1971+ pop outs
-it has a 1971 (I think) US emissions decal under the hood
-radio is 1972+
-windshield wiper has wing 1970+
-drivers window crank is in the later location 1970+
-solid front bumper. The line is a reflection
-1970+ center console and ashtray
-3 point belts using later mounting locations
-dipstick location is 1972 style.
-the vin plate has clearly been removed and replaced with incorrect style rivets

My bets are it’s a US 1971 GT using a British 1969 Vin tag.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Windshield washer has been changed to electric. Relays added. Engine compartment is very clean though. The car is very nice tho, like Carl, I'd like to see the underside. I really liked the last paragraph of the ad, "This Groovy Opel" can be inspected...... Groovy Man.🤣🤪

·
Registered
358 Posts
I know this is an old post, but my buddy who is from the UK, told me when I told him that I have a GT. That they have a bloody hell of a time keeping rust off of a GT (add a Brit accent here). Still nice GT

1 - 20 of 20 Posts