Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I AM OPEN TO ANY REASONABLE OFFER "REALISTIC" FOR SALE: I purchased this car two years ago. This car was originally purchased in Texas and has been there since I purchased it and had it enclosed shipped to Fairfield, CT where it is now located. The car has 51,146 original Texas miles and there is no rust on this car. Over $13,000 has been invested in restoring this car. I am selling it because I had a total hip replacement operation which left me with a paralyzed right foot and I am now unable to drive this car.
Following is a list of restoration items that were done on the car. Receipts are available to document these items.
PRICE REDUCED TO $11,000 FROM $12,500

The body of this car has been restored and is now painted a brilliant sunburst yellow color with a performance clear coat. $6,500 was spent on this work.

A brand new CLUTCH was installed and has less than 50 miles on it.

Complete NEW INTERIOR. Brand new seats and hand made original covers were made in Germany.

Following is a list of parts that were replaced per original specs.

Headliner
Door Panels
Carpets
Floor Mats
Shift Boot
Dash Cap
Mirrors
Rear package tray
Vinyl rear wheel hump covers
Lug Nuts
Stainless Steel Battery Mounting Plate
New Battery
Fuel Sending Unit, fuel tank inspected and in excellent condition
Rear and Side Window Louvers
Front and Rear Bumper Pads
Z Badge on Hood
Lenses
Rear GM 1900 emblems
GT J Black vinyl side stripes
Gaskets and Seals where required
Wheel Alignment

Original Buick Opel GT owner's Manual
Opel GT owner's workshop manual
Opel GT service/shop manual
Opel GT source catalog

This Opel has won many show trophies but it can be used as a daily drive car that will turn heads.
As explained earlier I can no longer drive this car and would like to sell ASAP. REDUCED TO $11,000 FROM $12,500 OPEN FOR ANY REASONABLE OFFER "REALISTIC"
I can be reached via this site, call or text me at 203-520-3705 email: [email protected]
I will post this ad without pics as I am having problems posting pics. I will try to edit and ad pics.

New Windshield-sealed perfectly no leaks

Seat belts including 3 point driver's side

Heater Box with New Heater Valve Control, Heater Control Panel, New Heater Fan Motor and Hoses

Complete NEW BRAKE SYSTEM including Master Cylinder, Hoses, Drums, Calipers, Shoes, Clips and 9" Booster

Attachments

·
Pedal Smasher
1,955 Posts
It would help you out if you shared photos of your car. You might want to consider looking into Bring a Trailer to sell it.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I purchased this car two years ago. This car was originally purchased in Texas and has been there since I purchased it and had it enclosed shipped to Fairfield, CT where it is now located. The car has 51,146 original Texas miles and there is no rust on this car. Over $13,000 has been invested in restoring this car. I am selling it because I had a total hip replacement operation which left me with a paralyzed right foot and I am now unable to drive this car.
Following is a list of restoration items that were done on the car. Receipts are available to document these items.

The body of this car has been restored and is now painted a brilliant sunburst yellow color with a performance clear coat. $6,500 was spent on this work.

A brand new CLUTCH was installed and has less than 50 miles on it.

Complete NEW INTERIOR. Brand new seats and hand made original covers were made in Germany.

Following is a list of parts that were replaced per original specs.

Headliner
Door Panels
Carpets
Floor Mats
Shift Boot
Dash Cap
Mirrors
Rear package tray
Vinyl rear wheel hump covers
Lug Nuts
Stainless Steel Battery Mounting Plate
New Battery
Fuel Sending Unit, fuel tank inspected and in excellent condition
Rear and Side Window Louvers
Front and Rear Bumper Pads
Z Badge on Hood
Lenses
Rear GM 1900 emblems
GT J Black vinyl side stripes
Gaskets and Seals where required
Wheel Alignment

Original Buick Opel GT owner's Manual
Opel GT owner's workshop manual
Opel GT service/shop manual
Opel GT source catalog

This Opel has won many show trophies but it can be used as a daily drive car that will turn heads.
As explained earlier I can no longer drive this car and would like to sell ASAP. $12,500
I can be reached via this site, call or text me at 203-520-3705
I will post this ad without pics as I am having problems posting pics. I will try to edit and ad pics.

New Windshield-sealed perfectly no leaks

Seat belts including 3 point driver's side

Heater Box with New Heater Valve Control, Heater Control Panel, New Heater Fan Motor and Hoses

Complete NEW BRAKE SYSTEM including Master Cylinder, Hoses, Drums, Calipers, Shoes, Clips and 9" Booster
Your post says a manual for $12,500 dollars, you should edit it so it says GT for sale. I was a little confused by the Title, but then again I am old, so you have to cut me some slack.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
8,148 Posts
Your post says a manual for $12,500 dollars, you should edit it so it says GT for sale. I was a little confused by the Title, but then again I am old, so you have to cut me some slack.

Bob
I agree. I took some liberties. I don't think the title is editable by posters. If this isn't okay, please let me know and it can be changed to something poster approved.

Harold

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for comments

I appreciated your comments on my ad. This is my first ad post on this site and appreciate all comments, 5satins

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How to change price on "header"

Being new to placing and editing ad. Is it possible to change price in "header". If so I would appreciate any advice on how to do it.
thanks 5satins

·
RunOpel
832 Posts
That's a beautiful car. Would love to see some interior and engine photos. Sorry to hear why you have to sell your Opel.

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Price reduced to $11,000 from $12,500

Thanks for the nice comments. Due to my medical problems and incurred medical bills I have reduced the price
from $12,500 to $11,000. Great deal to buy a beautiful Opel GT at what I think is a really fair price.
Thanks, 5satins

·
Pedal Smasher
1,955 Posts
You should consider selling it on BaT or try eBay. Selling a GT on the forum can be kinda slow, since most people on the site already have a GT.

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bat question, Thanks autoholic, offers from Germany??????

Thanks for recommendations. I have to admit I don't know what Bat is.
Is it normal to get responses from Germany relating to selling a GT

·
Pedal Smasher
1,955 Posts
Thanks for recommendations. I have to admit I don't know what Bat is.
Is it normal to get responses from Germany relating to selling a GT
BringATrailer can pull in buyers from around the world, much like eBay but designed to sell cars.

Getting some attention from Germany would be a good thing. Germany is where the Opel market is the strongest and where you'll find the most interest in GT's. If you're getting some interest from German buyers, stoke that fire. We have several members who have worked with European buyers.

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks autoholic re:Germany

Thanks for info about German buyers. I did not know if the email I got was "real"
thanks 5satins

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Is there a limit on amount of photos in ad???????

Did not know where to post this but IS THERE A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PHOTOS IN THE AD

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Thanks for info about German buyers. I did not know if the email I got was "real"
thanks 5satins
Be careful with any email you receive on the sale of your GT. There are plenty of scams out there and if they scam you, you will get nothing for for GT and they will be the "rightful" owner. My advice is use Ebay or Bring a trailer, they both reach a world wide audience and you would be less likely to be scammed. I hate to see a GT sold, but in your case I certainly understand. Good Luck with the sale, your car is a knockout, so shouldn't have any trouble selling it.

Bob

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for advice

I really appreciate your advice. I am well aware of scams. Once I was looking to buy a truck 2,000 miles away. The scam actually produced exactly what a pay pal document would look like. I did notify Pay Pal and they said this is common.
Do you know if I am limited on the number of pics I could put in my ad?
thanks 5satins

·
Pedal Smasher
1,955 Posts
Each post has photo number limits. But no limits on a thread.

There are ways to avoid a scam. Use of a money order or PayPal can help avoid someone buying a car for no real money. Gil at OGTS could help you out, he has done sales to European buyers before.

·
5satins
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Need help in editing my ad

Maybe I am getting senile but I have edited my post in the past but I cannot find a tab/selection to edit my ad.
thanks for your help, 5satins

1 - 20 of 30 Posts