Opel GT Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Opeler
56 Posts
My observation is that this is a tough room for selling a car. No one wants my wagon and have not had any offers. :-( Mine runs great too. Guess i'll have to pay for another year of registration due in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think in general this group thinks we all have Opelitis and they are just trying to get us through a "rough spot" where it appears we have weakened and need support. 😕 The Manta just got registered for another year but it has fallen down on the list as I had to get the cars and truck ready for winter.

·
Über Genius
9,093 Posts
A lot of the folks in this group are realizing they aren't as young as they used to be.
There's a lot of things they might want to do before they reach room temperature.

And when someone says "It only needs a little work" they hear "It needs work" and think to themselves "Do I have enough time left for this?"

Or they're younger folk with dreams of a putting a V8 in a $1000 barn find.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
The getting old part is a reality here. Loosing my friend last year reshaped my priorities in life. So the two reasons for selling the Manta. If something happens to me, my wife won't be stuck with it and I would love to see someone get this on the road and enjoy it.

·
Opeler
55 Posts
Yes I also am in that place where i am sizing up the projects and looking at the economies of time remaining. I laugh but sometimes feel like crying when I find parts for a car I have had sitting on the shelf for double digit years and haven't gotten around to doing anything with. I am still tempted to take on new things but get convinced by my family to tidy up what I have first.

Reactions: Timbo

·
Detritus Maximus
2,465 Posts
Funny how people say they can't wait to retire and take it easy...then they complain about not enough time to do their projects!

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
I never had time but things had different priorities. Number one has become crystal clear.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,465 Posts
I think in general this group thinks we all have Opelitis and they are just trying to get us through a "rough spot" where it appears we have weakened and need support.
That's called being an 'enabler'...

To be clear, if I had the money, I'd like both cars. I haven't had a wagon...yet. And that's because I do have chronic Opelitis.

·
Opeler
55 Posts
I have found in the last few years that I can only work on about 5 cars at a time. LOL What I really wanted was the 72 Manta Rallye survivor that popped up for sale and sold right away. I am at that point where i want to start projects closer to the completion phase. when i was younger gigantic basket case projects looked enticing. i have outgrown that. I really do love this 74 manta but i wish it was a 73 like the one my family had from 1972 - 2003. I grew up in the backseat of that car I think.

Reactions: opelbits

·
Über Genius
9,093 Posts
My main problem is that I haven't had a garage to work on my cars for the last FOREVER.

The last time I had a 2 car garage with time to work on a car was in 1983. That was my first Opel.
I haven't even had a paved driveway most of my life

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I was requested to send pictures and video of car so I may as well post them here.
First are the headliner photos. The two holes in back said to be mouse damage but I think sunroof access. There definitely mouse damage over the driver's sun visor. Too bad because it is in otherwise nice shape.

Attachments

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Oh well, can't upload video files from my camera. It actually ran today.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts