·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.
This is the bottom of my car:
I suspect that this tail lamps are the same that has manta's
Can anybody confirm this?
They both have two lamps, one for "indicator", and the other for tail and stoplamp.
I have seen this type of lense on a 73 GT, but it had two colors in the center catadioptric (amber and red). In my car there are a "full of amber" on the exterior one and a "full of red" on the interior one.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
It would not be the first time a GT owner switched out his taillights, Manu. Sometime in 1973, I believe, Opel began installing Manta tailights on the GTs sent here, but some of us didn't like them, so we used the solid color, early GT lights instead, & mounted a reverse lamp from an earlier car under the license plate. I've done this to 4 or 5 GTs over the years. There is no difference in how they function, I just thought they looked better. By the way, what year is your "J"? Your car may have come from the factory in Bochum with the taillights that are on it now, or a previous owner may have changed them . . . I had a '71 Manta Rallye for about 5 years, & it was one of the best cars I've ever had . . . wish I still had it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts