Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching and really haven't found what I am looking for I don't know much about rangers I am just helping a buddy out.

I was wondering if the manual tranny in 1999 will hold up if not what should he use? What t-case?

We have a 14bolt rear we are going to put under it with 63" chevy leaves and we are working on getting a 60 for the front any builds could help and or any input.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
14,166 Posts
I’m not sure what this has to do with an Opel forum.

I suspect you’ll have better luck on a Ford forum

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
probably had 2 windows open to two different forums lol

I picked up a 2005 ranger last year as my back-up vehicle

HAHA That would make some sense, still funny though
I too Just bought my first ever Ford f-150 xlt crew cab (Always a dodge and chevy/gmc person myself)
2010 for 5000.00 I figured for that price I'd give ford a shot
It rides pretty darn nice I'd have to say
But since it's the 5.4 I will need to learn some throttle control with the price of gas again or I won't be able to afford to feed it LOL

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
...Just bought my first ever Ford f-150 xlt crew cab .
2010 for 5000.00 I figured for that price I'd give ford a shot...
But since it's the 5.4 I will need to learn
...and expect to learn how to remove broken exhaust manifold studs, as it is endemic in those engines.

My nephew has the Triton 5.4 in his 2008 Expedition Max (almost as gigantic as an Excursion) and it has suffered two spontaneous manifold stud failures on the passenger side. Loud noises and O2 sensor codes ensue. We already spent a half dozen hours removing the inner fender and such, just figuring out HOW to even reach the manifold studs. Next up is removing the AC compressor and starter, and the exhaust Y-pipe. Then the remaining 6 studs have to be removed (which in turn half will likely break), the manifold slid out, and the broken studs extracted. A fun job in itself, as there is barely two inches of clearance between the front upper stud (one of the the broken studs) and the coil tower. NOT enough room to even get my right-angle drill in place, let alone a drill bit. So I am making a jig to hold a nut in place over the stud remnant, which I will MIG onto the stud(s). I figure an easy 10 hours to remove 4 broken studs. I hate Fords....

Reactions: Timbo

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
OH BOY,
Not the news I'd like to hear, good grief
I had heard of the spark plugs breaking off on these and a (special) tool for removal but not that.
Time to do/google some research on problems with these engines I guess.
Thank you for the heads up Keith
I always had a svere distaste for fords as well But thought maybe it was time to not be as close minded

·
Detritus Maximus
3,109 Posts
I have a 2008 Mustang GT and dealt with the breaking spark plugs....you'll survive it, but you won't like it. I hear the clearance in the trucks is horrible.

For the broken exhaust studs....maybe it's easier to just remove the heads with manifolds attached. Better chance of getting the plugs out, too.
Then you can check the valvetrain and cam phasers, and...and...and...
But you'll have new head gaskets....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Super Moderator
6,030 Posts
MODERATOR NOTE:

As a "heads up" , the author, "secek98" arrives with a warning on his profile that his IP matches under "aksimet", which is indicative of spam activity. As a general rule, we delete such prospective members straight away. The OpelGT.com Moderators will be watching this member, but it is advisable for any member to report concerning activity.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts