Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A worker at the paint and body shop I used recently saw my '72 GT and told me his mother had a '71 she wanted to sell. I went by her house to take a look and it's mostly original from what I saw. The car has been sitting outside for a long time though. Somebody looking to start a rebuild project might be interested. I'll attach a photo. Leave a message if your interested. I'm finishing up my '72 and not ready to begin again.

Attachments

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
how much??? does it run and drive? where is it located?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This car is located in Nashville TN. The woman said it hadn't been started in a long time (maybe eight years or more) so I told her it would probably be best not to try. Don't be too optimistic - this would be a complete rebuild. But the good news is it's all there including the Solex carb. I tried to flip the headlights and they'll probably go with some lube. It will need all new wiring, rubbers, tires, paint (some pretty rusty areas may need to be cut out - floor pan good though) and motor rebuild. The only non-stock item may be the transmission. I didn't look real close but the shifter is definitly not stock. Someone may have put in a 5 speed. I'll attach more photos. She's asking $2300. I wouldn't offer more than $1500 myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
213 Posts
Are those front blinkers a bit bigger than usual, or am i just seing things?
They never looked that big to me before.

How ironic that everybody you meet either had or knows someone who has an old opel and yet they are so rare.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Let's see if I got a close up of the side markers (if that's what your questioning). Here's one of the front quarter panel and another of the rear but I didn't get one under the front bumper of the front turn indicators which I'm pretty sure were stock.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts