Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everybody, i found 2 more GTs ten miles from my house today. one is a white 70, floors are rotted out, under a cover. seen it on my way to my cousins house, but we were late and couldn't stop and then my dad somehow seen them today too and stopped there without me. sorta pissed me off considering he dont care for them i do and talked to the owner, shes a nice old lady i guess and she also has a 72 auto GT with AC. he said that she said she bought alot of parts 20 years or so ago to restore one of them, just never did it. she gave us a number, she just moved from out of state and brought the cars too. she said she might sell, and if not she'd be interested in seeing my car, and possably get one of her running again, so she can once again drive one. either way it'd be cool. i could handle another GT and a part car, or even just get another one going, even if it is for a little old lady, i bet she has as much fun as we do. so i made dad promise he'd take me over there tomarrow after school, i'd like to meet the woman, after all she has owned opels since they were new. so keep your fingers crossed, maybe i can land another project car, the AC car was in the barn, he never seen it, so i'm assuming its nice if its in the barn

·
789 Posts
found more GT's

Over the years it has been my experience that you don't find Opels... they somehow find you ...like a stray dog that follows you home after school.
It is uncanny how once people know you like these cars they seem to come out of the woodwork

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i hear ya, it seems that way. i live in a VERY small town, and i've bought 3 of my 4 GTs from this town, and now theres 2 more here!!! man if i could only lay my hands on that 72 AC GT.....drooooool.

·
Senior Contributor
730 Posts
Funny, at work last week, a guy came up and said: (I saw a Opel over by..." and in Aug a guy said "I saw 3 in a field...". All because they heard I bout my 2nd Opel. Now, if only a pretty, divorced mom (in her mid-40's) would say: "OH! you have a Opel........".
You get the idea.:D

·
boomerang opeler
5,634 Posts
funny ive just had a divorced woman in her late 30's come up to me and say "hi do you still have that opel we used to make out in?"
got to get it back on the road now and see if she wants to try it again :D
also funny how a car with so little torque can have so much pulling power

·
433 Posts
greensmurf20 said:
hi everybody, i found 2 more GTs ten miles from my house today. one is a white 70, floors are rotted out, under a cover. seen it on my way to my cousins house, but we were late and couldn't stop and then my dad somehow seen them today too and stopped there without me.
Hey GreenSmurf,

If you go back, might you check to see if the parts car has good interior panels? I'm looking for both door panels, kick panels, and the rear panels that go between the rear wheelwell and the door.

Thanks,

Manny

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well can't see the cars today, my father decided to leave the house and go out of town. 2nd time he's pretty much tried to keep me from looking for other Opels, and he dont even want me me going to carlisle....seems hes against anything Opel Related........if i was a chick, this would be the time to say GRRR. so i keep my mouth shut and let you guys assume i'm swearin right about now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts