Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd post a pic of the plate my uncle just found & gave to me over the weekend while he was going through some boxes of old stuff .

He had the 72 GT that he bought new here in Pittsburgh,PA shipped over to England in 1974 while he was stationed there in the USAF for about 4 years. He gave me the GT as an X-mas present in 1989 after I towed it from Fort Worth,TX and stored it in my garage for a few years.

You can see the holes in the 'M' & 'H' where it was bolted to the rear plate holder.

~ Tom C.

Attachments

·
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baz said:
"p" reg plate is a 75-6(sept 1st is change over ) plate if my memory is right
and that one is from chester

Thanks for the info Baz. I just talked to my uncle about the GT. If he remembers correctly, it was shipped to England in October 1974. He picked the car up at Heathrow Airport. He was stationed at Mildenhall RAF until September 1977. He bought a Hilman Minx as his daily driver & only drove the GT occasionally. He left the Minx there & shipped the GT back to the states.

~ Tom

·
Pathologic Opeler
1,960 Posts
black out plates

why do people black out their plates on net photos?

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.