Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
149 Posts
I've read several filter studies. Fram is pretty bad. Most of the studies are done by import people (mostly Honda), followed by Mopar. With these cars the correct oil filter is critical. I've known several Honda owners who have problems with Frams. Some had their crankcase foam up. Most switched to STP (damn good for the money) or back to factory filters. I've had problems on Mopars with maintaining correct oil pressure, even on a Jeep. On my Opel I use Purolator. I can get easily.

· Registered
149 Posts
The problem with the Hondas and Mopars is the bypass relief valve used in the Fram filter is designed is poorly. I used the correct part number in my Jeep. Some worked OK, some didn't. So I changed brands. This is when I researched oil filters.

Another problem is HV oil pumps. Some cars with HV or HP pumps will rupture a standard Fram filter. The Ford 351C really complain about it. (Modified Boss 302/351C will turn over 7000 rpm.)

I've had Toyotas and Chevys use Fram filters for 200,000 miles. Their oiling systems differ from many Hondas, Mopars, and Fords.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.