Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Purolator Part Number

Just did an oil change with a Fram filter before reading this thread and other posts elsewhere about how Frams aren't so good. I'll probably be changing again at less than 1000 miles since the car was in storage for a few years.

I want to switch to a Purolator. After a couple of bad experiences, I just wanted to double-check the part number: L10028.

Can one of you Purolator users confirm this for me? Thanks :)

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think I found the answer myself from a few other posts. It seems the Fram PH966B and the Purolator L10028 are interchangeable from the few posts I could find. That corresponds with what they told me at Kragen, so I'm pretty confident of that.

If I'm wrong, please correct me.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just noticed something else from Kragen. They actually have a K&N filter HP1002. I know K&N are tops for air filters, and I'm guessing the oil filters are just as high in quality. I'd love to use one of these, but that nut on the top, which could be a blessing, seems like it will be a curse for a GT. I already have such a small amount of clearance with normal filters, I can't imagine this filter would actually work on a GT. Anyone using K&N for their GT?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.