Opel GT Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Opeler
985 Posts
I spoke with him a few hours ago. I wanted to see pictures before I pulled the trigger. When he mentioned it has been outside under a cover for 15 years and the paint was cracking, that gave me pause to just say YES. He was a nice guy and was honest about what shape it was in. The pictures I got weren’t very clear, but the interior was a lot worse than he mentioned. He told me it was original, I didn’t know that it wasn’t intact. Oddly enough, it was an Indiana car he said, which is where I’m at; which also made me wonder about rust from here and then sitting outside on a coastal state for many years. I was trying to sort out the no-title issue and no key issue too. Between those things I felt like I needed pictures to pull the trigger. By the time I got the pics, he said someone claimed it. When looking them over, I noticed the red on the door panels and hood hinges, which tells me the paint job was a respray. As nice as the FI 2.2 would be, there was too much unknown for me. Hope it works out for Charles or whomever may end up with it after him. Here are the pictures I received...

·
Opel Tinkerer and Rescuer
7,456 Posts

Attachments

·
7,456 Posts
I will say it was worth the drive. Lots of issues, but lots of good things. It is a solid body but will need media blasted to find out how good. But overall looks very solid. This is probably the third car ( third times the charm.. ?) that has come my way that I should have kept.

This time I have a place to store it.. so NO.. NOT flipping and its not for sale :) I hopefully have learned my lesson.

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Senior Contributor
4,985 Posts
Just the engine was worth the drive!

Reactions: JudokaJohn and dpre

·
Registered
164 Posts
Looks like you've got something to put your transmission in now.

Is the missing title gonna be an issue at all? I reckon if Arnold titled it you should be ok.

·
7,456 Posts
Titling it wont be a problem.. If there is a will there is a way..

Reactions: JudokaJohn and dpre

·
Opeler
497 Posts
Congrats Charles, restore that queen and give her life! Keep giving back t the Opel heritage my friend!

21 - 32 of 32 Posts