Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have one as well I bought the rebuild kit for but I think I've decided on a new 1 inch drop spring instead. I will confirm when new parts finish arriving from ogts

·
Opeler
1,124 Posts
For real? If no jumps on it before Sunday around 6. I'll take it. Thanks, Jarrell
Be aware that when you install, a used spring that has been out of a GT, it will most likely sit high. Some think its due to spring memory or something. You may not be happy. Just saying. I am sure if you have a good spring shop within range you could get it re-arched.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clarify my post, I'm offering the spring for free. Shipping it would cost money though.

It is still available!

·
Registered
8 Posts
GT spring

Hi Jesse,

I take the spring when you can store it until April. Than I´m in California again and hope to see you.

Greetings

Olaf

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,285 Posts
There was an "odd" kid in my neighborhood a few years back that was obsessed with making bows for bows and arrows.

You're not allowed to shoot arrows in our dense neighborhood.

But he was weird and he was always hanging around me and my other do-it-yourselfer guys and we would give him scrap so that he would go away. He kept asking for my scrap wood and metal pieces so that he could make ever more powerful and dangerous bows. After tripping over an old GT leaf spring for the umpteenth time in my basement, I gave it to him. I did it as a joke. Those suckers weigh about 40lbs. Surely no fool, including our village idiot, would be stupid enough to try to make a bow out of a GT leaf spring.

A month later he showed me his abominable creation.

Yup, he made a bow out of it. He sat on the grass, with his feet against the bow, and a 3/8" metal rod for an arrow, aimed at the garage, pulled on the bow string with 2 hands, and let'er rip. He sunk that arrow 3" deep into that cinder block garage wall.

Holy schitt! I just helped the village idiot make a weapon of mass destruction!

:lmao:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
I bet he has launched himself to orbit by now.:)
He could have been the video that was posted here a while ago. A Brief synopsis; he dumped the Gas all over the large pile of wood, then tried to light it. He went Boom too. :haha:
Now Gordo, didn't you tell him not to play with matches?
Seriously, when that spring was compressed, the pucker factor was a 10. Jarrell

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Hello all The wife reminded me about the original spring I replaced in my 73 GT I decided not to rebuild it and so it sits if anyone has a need for it let me know and you can have it for what ever shipping cost is.

·
Opel Key Master
5,014 Posts
If you guys want old springs, I will start saving them. Hell I scrap them, because you are going to have to get them rearked unless you want it to look like a 4x4. I have one in the scrap bin now, Im not going to mess with shipping, but anyone is welcome to come to my shop and take it

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
If you guys want old springs, I will start saving them. Hell I scrap them, because you are going to have to get them rearked unless you want it to look like a 4x4. I have one in the scrap bin now, Im not going to mess with shipping, but anyone is welcome to come to my shop and take it
Fair enough I'll give to my scrapper guy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts