Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to french my licence plate.I was wondering if others have done it?The main reason I am shaving the rear bumpers is legally I need a light on my plate.It should look good with the natural body line as well.Any feed back would be great.Thanks Tim

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Hot Rodder!

Sounds good - Have to consider frenching the rear tail and indicator lights too.
Make a wee 'bump' at the top centre and put a light bulb in it then you could "solex" the bumpers and the reversing light to make the rear as smooth as a baby's ... posterior! ;)

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
I want pics when its done

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Not meaning to burst a bubble, but, there are license plate frames that have tag lights in them, and I don't mean those goofy ones that going blinking around the frame, it just lights up the tag to be seen at night

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Yeah Gene, I can see you now. "OH Cool... I can be like Knight Rider... (singing) dunt dunt dun dah!!!! Dunt dunt dun duh...... I love David Hasselhoff"

BUWAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA

You like it

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
haha, i get picked on for "knight rider" and get called david hasselhoff when i drove the Trans Am the other week to a car meet. its a black and gold 87 TransAm GTA......and somebody had the knight rider theme song as a ringtone for their nextel. man i got so much crap with that stupid phone, getting called david, and people going up rubbing the car going "hi kitt!"

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Ooops!

Jared, You might get a bit more respect driving and Opel ????

Nah! Someone probably has the theme from "Maxwell Smart" on a cell phone ..... :p

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
GT Tim said:
I am going to french my licence plate.
Ok I may be a little out of touch with the lates body mods lingo, but what does "french my licence plate" mean?

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,546 Posts
you get down on your knees....... look the plate deep into the numbers.....
very slowly approach the plate,NOT TOO Fast.... and gingerly put your mouth.... Well,you get the idea!

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
yellaopelgt said:
you get down on your knees....... look the plate deep into the numbers.....
very slowly approach the plate,NOT TOO Fast.... and gingerly put your mouth.... Well,you get the idea!
You are so bad!!

·
Super Moderator
9,749 Posts
Rick;
Basically you build a recess into the panel you're going to mount your tag, or antenna, or headlights

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
If you look at the rear the plate is already recessed a hair.To french it means to recess it more.I am only doing about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch.Try to keep it subtle.I haven't seen the plate rings that light up"besides the flash crap" but that is also a good excuse.I will post pics when done.Hopefully before the meet.Thanks Tim P.S. I used to love Knight Rider

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
Jim, you need to practice singing his Cheesy "Ocean of Love" song, or whatever its called.

Get you some 'sharp' leather pants too. nice!! :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts