Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally have finished the rebuild of the frontend. New poly bushings, 4 new control arms, professional rebuilt steering rack, and Koni Reds. Thanks for all the help. Their was alot of help here with the front bushings, and the dangers of the spring. Luckily for me, I was able to replace each of the LCAs in about 30 minutes. Since these were new ones, I already had them painted, new bushings in,etc. So it was just a removal and installation. I can't believe what a difference in ride this made...but I did have 3 bent control arms...so maybe I do.

So, now that is time for the back, a few questions. After searching the site, there is not much help in the rear bushings. I could take this as a good thing, since noone is having troubles...any tricks to it, or stuff I should know...like a big spring that could kill me :) . Also, the first thing I did to this car was replace the gas vent hoses in the rear tail, as I did this, since I had everything apart, I replaced the rear shocks with the 30 dollar gabriels from OGTS..this was prior to rebuilding the Koni's....anyone see a problem with this? I noticed alot of posts saying the GT rides good with a softer rear suspension than the front.

ALso have received my Addco front bar...still awaiting for the rear....

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Changing out the rear bushigs was very easy. I did find that the back bolts were pretty rusty and didn't fit the new bushing sleeves. I used the new bolts that came with the bushings but had to open up the mountng holes on the body side mounts just a little bit. there is no comparison between doing the front and the back. Did you get the spring hats and seats too? If so the shocks have to be disconnected to get them in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts