Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
REVISED 1

I will have these parts for sale as soon as they are off the car and inspected.
The prices I hope are in line, but if they look high, let me know. The cash recovered from selling the unneeded pats will be going toward materials for all the custom fab work on the car.
I will have better pics of each individual item as the are taken off and steam cleaned.

Full engine w/ Weber carb. Turns over by hand. Will provide pics of engine bore through spark plugs. Comes with all accessories, distributor, etc.
OEM 4 speed manual transmission, shifter, driveshaft/torque tube. Goes into all gears.
I have not had this setup running to tell if it will need work. All I know is that I was told it was running before it sat up (typical), it turns over by hand so its not seized, the trans shifts into all gears.
$500.00 OBO

OEM Front suspension full: Subframe, steering rack, leaf spring, shocks, hubs, brake system, etc.
$250.00

Engine Cradle:
$75.00

Rear Subframe: Diff, axles, shocks, springs, hubs, brake system, etc.
$300.00

OEM Steering wheels (no center hub): Few cracks in wood, metal is nice
Make offer

Door set: rust spots on bottom, accessories or glass
Make offer

OEM flip up lights with spare metal for bulb side: some rust, needs work
Make offer

OEM Radiator:
Make offer

OEM rims with good/ fairly new tires:
Make offer

Things I will doing trading on:
Good condition metal lower valance/belly pan section
Metal floor pans good condition

·
Über Genius
8,766 Posts
Since nobody is going to be the bad guy, I guess I'll do it.

Full engine w/ Weber carb. Turns over by hand. Will provide pics of engine bore through spark plugs. Comes with all accessories, distributor, etc.
OEM 4 speed manual transmission, shifter, driveshaft/torque tube. Goes into all gears.
I have not had this setup running to tell if it will need work. All I know is that I was told it was running before it sat up (typical), it turns over by hand so its not seized, the trans shifts into all gears.
$1000.00 OBO
Theree isn't anything on an Opel GT that is worth $1000.
NOTHING!
Unless your engine is rebuilt or you have a Getrag transmission.
OK, "maybe" a functional EFI assembly. But that's it.

A non running engine is, depending on the location, worth $100. Yes, just $100.
Without it running, it's a core motor that turns.
Basically, if you need a block, ask and someone will probably give you one. Same for a crankshaft, pistons, etc.
A non-cracked head, well that's harder to get for free but without testing, it's still a core.

OEM Front suspension full: Subframe, steering rack, leaf spring, shocks, hubs, brake system, etc.
$350.00
OEM? What's special about OEM? The OEM front suspension is a joke.
Being forthright, though, if it's in good condition then you aren't too far out of the ballpark. If it needs to be rebuilt, $100 tops. In fact, one of the things that follow dented body panels to Opel heaven is the front suspension. They are either good or they're bad. And usually, they are good past the life of the rest of the car.

Sorry.

Engine Cradle:
$75.00
Another thing that's easy to come by but $75 isn't a lot of money so you "might" get that much for it. Highly doubtful though. I've tossed out a few in the last few yeas. They don't go bad.

Rear Subframe: Diff, axles, shocks, springs, hubs, brake system, etc.
$300.00
What's a subframe?
The rear suspension is less than $300 to replace with new, minus the actual differential. Now, if it's a 3.18 rear differential then you could get $500 if you held out. A stock 3.44 is worth about $100 to the right guy. Again, if untested...

OEM Steering wheels (no center hub): Few cracks in wood, metal is nice
Make offer
Not worth anything, to be honest.

Door set: rust spots on bottom, accessories or glass
Make offer
That's probably a $100 set of doors. Depending on how much rust on the bottom.

OEM flip up lights with spare metal for bulb side: some rust, needs work
Make offer
$100 is about right for lights and rotator assemblies. Assuming they aren't too bound up.

OEM Radiator:
Make offer
Double row or triple row?
If it doesn't leak and has straight fins, $50 is what it's worth. You can get one from OGTS that's new.

OEM rims with good/ fairly new tires:
Make offer
Scrap metal value

Things I will doing trading on:
Good condition metal lower valance/belly pan section
Metal floor pans good condition

So, that's my honest opinion. If anyone disagrees, I'm sure a discussion will ensue.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, no bad guys. I asked for honest opinions because I had no idea. Prices were pretty much pulled out of my butt based on other car builds and are certainly negotiable.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Body Parts?

Nah, no bad guys. I asked for honest opinions because I had no idea. Prices were pretty much pulled out of my butt based on other car builds and are certainly negotiable.
If you are selling body parts - I could use the area behind the rear quarter windows where the latch mounts.

Bill
In Minnesota.

·
Pedal Smasher
1,955 Posts
You can buy the floor pan metal, brand new. But for the cost of these 2 large parts plus shipping, you might as well buy another GT. Search in your state and the states next door to you for GT's. Or, you can always buy a good body from Opels Unlimited out in California and have it shipped to you.

Considering what you want to do, you might be better off creating a replacement that suits your donor ES300 out of carbon fiber. Your engine and trans combo will likely not work with the GT's tunnel anyways. If I was chasing your idea, I'd probably start replacing large sections of the GT's body with carbon fiber anyways. When you take into account how much you'll spend on another donor GT, might as well. Unless you can find a good body but not much else for sale near you.

I might know of a good GT body in Albuquerque, NM for what you want to do. You could probably buy the whole car for ~$300. Fly to NM, rent a uhaul moving truck, load up the GT, and drive back to Alabama. Would cost you like $1,300 for the whole trip and car. If you really want to pursue that, let me know and I'll start looking for the contact. I'd even split the cost of the vehicle with you, there are some bits I'd take but I don't need a whole car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Would anyone locally like to buy the following for $500.00?

Full long black with weber carb
full transmission, driveshaft, and rear end
Front and rear subframes with all suspension components
Radiator
Wheels and Tires

1 - 6 of 6 Posts