Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· 4ZUA787
664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hook up for the ports on the tank of a 73 gt gas tank i cant find my pic of the routing of the lines for the evap hook ups on the 73 tank. anyone have a pic they could post or the sheet from ogts that they could scan in or something, i want to double check my hook ups. thanks in advance.

· Registered
1 Posts
Hello this is my first post, I just came to ask about the vent line connections on a 73 GT. I have owned the car for about 12 years and stopped driving it about 2 1/2 years ago. I decided to start driving it again last week and found I now had gas fumes in the car. I found 2 of the vent lines broken and started to replace them but couldn't find where one of them needed to be connected. I found the diagram that is posted above and will go work on it tomorrow before I go to work. If I am lucky I will finish it and be able to take the car to work. Thanks for the info

· Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Welcome!

Glad to see you have found some info on the vent lines - you may need a new carbon canister too if it has been sitting that long. One from a more modern car will do as they perform the same function. Get a new one as the activated charcoal in there does get clogged in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.