Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hook up for the ports on the tank of a 73 gt gas tank i cant find my pic of the routing of the lines for the evap hook ups on the 73 tank. anyone have a pic they could post or the sheet from ogts that they could scan in or something, i want to double check my hook ups. thanks in advance.

·
96 Posts
kinda hard to read, but the 1973 has the extra vent line off the tank. that one goes to the fuel filter. the rest are the same.
Good Luck,
Webster :)

·
4ZUA787
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanx for the diagram was just what i was looking for yah i have a 72 gt but with a 73 tank in it. thankxs again for the diagram.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello this is my first post, I just came to ask about the vent line connections on a 73 GT. I have owned the car for about 12 years and stopped driving it about 2 1/2 years ago. I decided to start driving it again last week and found I now had gas fumes in the car. I found 2 of the vent lines broken and started to replace them but couldn't find where one of them needed to be connected. I found the diagram that is posted above and will go work on it tomorrow before I go to work. If I am lucky I will finish it and be able to take the car to work. Thanks for the info

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
Welcome!

Glad to see you have found some info on the vent lines - you may need a new carbon canister too if it has been sitting that long. One from a more modern car will do as they perform the same function. Get a new one as the activated charcoal in there does get clogged in the end.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts