Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I am trying to decide what to do as far as the engine is concerned in my 69 GT. Originally, I planned to get a C20LET engine imported. I am still thinking of doing this, yet am a bit unsure because of the high price. I want a turbo, and I realize that there are carb. turbo kits available, yet I would like fuel Inection because of the tunability. How much does the average Fuel inection setup off of a manta cost? Is there anyone out there that has turbocharged a manta or GT with this injection setup? Thanks, Adam Marshall

·
Certified Opelholic
1,466 Posts
there was a write up in turbo Mag about a Turbo Opel GT

1994 i think

sorry i cant remember if it was Carburated or fuel injected

the 75 Fuel injection is pretty cheap if you can find one in a junk yard

i bought an 2.0 Opel FI setup from Opel GT Source for $300
but that was a few years ago

had every thing but the header and the fuel pump

give Gil a call

As for the C20Let I think you are talking about the Opel 16 V motor from a Vectra?

(i think you have a great idea buy the way)

anyway they are high but you are mostly paying for the stuff to put it into a GT

other people put some brain power into figuring out the mod and that's what you are paying for

but there are options none are cheap

you could ask Gil if he would sell the kit to install the motor separately

and maybe give these guys a call

https://www.needforspeed.co.uk/index.htm

the guy is a racer and a few years ago seemed willing to ship my a 5 speed trans from a junk yard

his company was just starting out so he might not be willing these days

also check out the opel/vaxhual stuff

i have ordered from him and never had a problem

I even got some AVO Adjustable shocks

HTH
Davegt74

·
Super Moderator
13,581 Posts
davegt74 said:
there was a write up in turbo Mag about a Turbo Opel GT

1994 i think

sorry i cant remember if it was Carburated or fuel injected

HTH
Davegt74
Yup, I remember that article. Jeff Hartman (a writer for Turbo magazine back then and also authored numerous books) built the car, I don't remember who the owner was, but he was from Texas originally.

They started building the engine back in 1990! Originally it had a 32/36, then they went with a 38 DGAS, and finally after not being able to get it to run right, he went with Haltech engine management, and it ran very well after that. I sold him quite a few engine parts. Man, time flys by....

Bob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts