Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out here, My fuel pump is weeping gas(diaphram) out of the outlet. So I need a new one. I'm sticking with the ol mechanical Carter M70143.Thats the one that finally took a trip south after 10 years,so i'd like to stick with this particular one. But EVERY parts store gives me the run around. I can get one online for 70+ dollars and it takes over a week! ANYONE know of a place I can get one cheaper and faster? like yesterday??? any help would GREATLY be appreciated here! Thanks! Joe

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
YAAY!!!!! found the one I was looking for!! Only took 4 hours on the phone! 51.00 and I'll have it tomorrow!!! Bumper to Bumper auto parts. to quote the late great Gilda Radner(NEVER MIND)

·
Registered
858 Posts
fuel pump

i buy my parts from opel gt source. they know opel parts.
i bought one 4 months ago for $37.00 + $8 shipping. i receive
parts from ogts in 2 to 3 days. phone # 800-6735487
takes 2 min of my time to order parts.
i order one from bumper to bumper a year ago, but the shaft
was two short. i did not try it. may it was going to work
without the spacer.

Pete

·
530 Posts
Hi Joe,
Glad you've found what you're looking for! If you're ever stuck again, two local Wisconsinites that can help with technical issues and parts location are Bill (OpelGT ID: Bill Hoffman ) and Gerry (OpelGT ID: Opelmn 70 ). They've both been VERY helpful with my Opel. I imagine they'll also be at the April 9th GMO Opel Gathering, and I hope you can make it then to get to know some of the great local Opelers.
Jeff W.
-'73 & '75 Manta

1 - 4 of 4 Posts