Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1.6S Ascona (1900) has the Solex 32/32DIDTA.
When I drive uphill, and going a bit hard on the accelerator, if I come to a traffic light and stop my idle drops to about 400rpm. If I rev it a couple of times it goes back to normal. Should I suspect fuel starvation, because of incorrect float level in the carb?

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
i think this could be to do with the problems you had the other week with your carb
did you get the carb set up right then its gone off again or is this the same problem?

to try and get it fixed
first for the revs to drop down that far the idle stop must be set too low and then you must have the idle set with the air idle jet
have a good re-read of the heynes you have and set the carb so the idle is right this will hopefully sort it :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My carb is set correctly, I set a slightly higher idle-speed (900rpm) I get proper intake vacuum at idle, and have no emmissions. This happens ONLY after hard acceleration going uphill.

·
boomerang opeler
5,670 Posts
in that case all you can do is pull the top of the carb and and look to see if the float is sitting level ,look tosee if the float valve is free to move, look to see if the plate between the pivot and the float is straight and look for any thing that should not be in there like dirt

·
415 Posts
Just another thought, might you have some trash in the fuel tank that is shifting and clogginng the line?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you guys, BOTH!
Hey baz, thanks for responding to my other thread as well (oil consumption)!
I will try to figure things out during the weekend. If anything noticeable comes into my attention I will post it. Let's hope that it's just a semi-sticking valve int the float chamber which needs a bit of cleaning...
Have a nice weekend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.