Opel GT Forum banner

Fuel system

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Al Olmo 
#1 ·
I'm re-doing my 1970 GT's fuel system with a Webber carb, I was wondering if any body knows what the correct position of the lines are to the vapor canister, and if they have to be position in an specific inlet in the canister or can they be switch around, I know that one is to be conected to a hose from the gas tank's vapor lines, but I dont know where.
Thanks
Al

#3 ·
Al Olmo said:
I'm re-doing my 1970 GT's fuel system with a Webber carb, I was wondering if any body knows what the correct position of the lines are to the vapor canister, and if they have to be position in an specific inlet in the canister or can they be switch around, I know that one is to be connected to a hose from the gas tank's vapor lines, but I don't know where.
Thanks
Al
As baz says, MUCH has been written on the subject in this Forum. But I was asked about the canister connections just yesterday, so maybe not that particular issue. I believe that all three connections are essentially the same, although one photo I have seen refers to an "orifice" in one connection. But I couldn't see it in my cannister. But to be safe, just follow the photo in the FSM (which I believe is reprised in on of these threads)
HTH

#4 ·
Keith, if memory serves, there are two orifices in the vacuum/vent system. One in the intake manifold, that probably goes to the vacuum advance or PCV and the other in a "T" fitting for the fuel tank vent lines. One of the reasons there was mention of noting the location of the fittings way back there. Now I could be wrong, it has happened once or twice before. :D

#6 ·
Canister orifice

kwilford said:
As baz says, MUCH has been written on the subject in this Forum. But I was asked about the canister connections just yesterday, so maybe not that particular issue. I believe that all three connections are essentially the same, although one photo I have seen refers to an "orifice" in one connection. But I couldn't see it in my canister. But to be safe, just follow the photo in the FSM (which I believe is reprised in on of these threads)
HTH
That's because the orifice is in the hose (look at number 5 in the photo of previous post)!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.