Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to fit a Cobra Sebring Pro Kevlar seat into the GT. But the ears or the containment seat sat outside the window And body lines.

I am not a skinny kid. And I have drivers that are normally or the more "mature" size. So fat boy seats are used and skinny kids uses padding to seal them in place.

Who here has fit a containment seat?

Currently I have a Kirkey Intermediate aluminum seat. I do have the containment bolt-on part of the seat off. I never had time to test fit and trip to make it fit.

Thank you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, and to fit the seat it was installed at a tilt towards the middle of the car and at an angle on the bottom. It was not easy. Lol. All mounts welded.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I fit an UltraSheild sprint car seat in my stockcar. But there is all the room in the world inside a Thunderbird as opposed to a GT.

Helmet Toy Guitar Musical instrument Personal protective equipment

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,606 Posts
I believe the Tinyvette has a full containment seat, probably by Kirkey. I remember fitting in it and it was rather cozy. I'm not the skinniest guy but I'm also not the biggest either. I can't imagine anyone over 6 feet and say 220 lbs fitting in a race prep'd GT. The seat and the roll cage makes it pretty difficult to get into and out of a GT. Not the best photos to show this, but the best ones I have from the 50th anniversary.
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Hood Automotive tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

1 - 5 of 5 Posts