Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Covid-19 restrictions and the lack of any money-raising last year put a huge dent in our available Carlisle funds.
We usually hold a parts auction to cover the upfront costs for the event. We did not have one last year, but still had expenses that drained the account.
Awards are the largest expense and we would like this years to reflect the size of this event! Instead of asking someone to put out money upfront for the awards, we decided to ask the community to help out.
Donations of any size are appreciated!
Thanks Gary

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Made my donation! Donate, even if it’s just a few bucks. This will really help with making this Opel Nationals the best one yet! Thanks to Gary for taking care of this for all of us.

Reactions: Gary

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,274 Posts
Good idea Gary! Thanks for setting this up!

Dieter

Reactions: Gary

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,381 Posts
Maybe this could be used as a way to buy into a raffle for something? Maybe like every $5 is a raffle ticket? I have no idea what could be raffled, but it's an idea to push this forward. I'll contribute to this fundraiser soon.

·
Opeler
126 Posts
Gary,
RockAuto just posted in the forum about promo/marketing for car shows.
While it doesn't help with the costs, it could be used for prizes at the show.

Thanks
Chris

·
Administrator
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gary,
RockAuto just posted in the forum about promo/marketing for car shows.
While it doesn't help with the costs, it could be used for prizes at the show.

Thanks
Chris
Thanks, Chris. we have used Rock Auto's marketing in the past. (I still have a bunch of magnets from last year.

·
Opel Addicts
2,466 Posts
Even though Vickie and I probably won't be there this year, we will contribute. You may wish to consider a reverse raffle, where the winner(s) split the pot with the "house". It would be a great way to get more $ into our fund. Your only expense would be for tickets, which you may already be using for door prizes, etc.

Allen& Vickie Gage

·
Administrator
10,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Even though Vickie and I probably won't be there this year, we will contribute. You may wish to consider a reverse raffle, where the winner(s) split the pot with the "house". It would be a great way to get more $ into our fund. Your only expense would be for tickets, which you may already be using for door prizes, etc.

Allen& Vickie Gage
Sorry to hear that you guys won't make it. Carlisle Events is really stepping up with their support.
We have already been discussing doing a 50/50 style raffle.

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,974 Posts

Allen& Vickie Gage
Aw, c'mon, you gotta come! We haven't seen Pinky in a long time, plus you'll be able to park it indoors.

·
Super Moderator
3,160 Posts
Bumping this back up!

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,381 Posts
It will be a long time probably before I attend Carlisle, but I made a donation to help with this year's anniversary. Someone, please chase Gordo with a car that reads Arkham Asylum Escaped Inmate Recovery Unit. I'll create the design.

As of right now, it's at $725.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts