Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Opeler
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement of these little clips used as a hold down for the fuse panel? In my infinite wisdom while trying to disassemble my fuse box I manage to break them. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is a pretty old post, so you have probably solved this problem already, but if not, I have the clips. Unfortunately they are attached to the fuse block shown below. Does anybody know how to remove them without breaking them?

Attachments

·
Pedal Smasher
1,999 Posts
I'd imagine from underneath with a pair of pliers should do it. If you are replacing the stock plastic fuse box with the newer production metal one, I'd just destroy the fuse box to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
To anyone attempting this in the future, there is a small hole on either end of the fuse block. It seems as if when this hole was created, it deformed the plastic, retaining the clip. Running a 1/16" drill bit through this hole allows you to remove the clip without damaging it, or the fuse block.

I would think that just about anything of approximately the right size, maybe along with some glue/epoxy, could be used to retain them once they are reinstalled.

The only remaining question is, does nbrcrnchr still need these?

Attachments

·
Pedal Smasher
1,999 Posts
Awesome work!

·
RunOpel
949 Posts
Good information and pictures FloridaGT. Looking at the hole, it looks difficult on how the clip can be inserted through the hole to be at the correct position. The clip has sharp bends which look to make it hard to insert all the way through??? I'm sure you have reinserted the clip with no difficulty. Just curious :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
The clip is not inserted into (or removed from) the hole, it slides into a slot on the side, shown in the first two photos below (hole for retention highlighted in second photo). Once it is in place, a pin could be inserted into the hole, which would engage the clip at the bend shown in the final photo - although I don't know that it would be necessary, since there doesn't appear to be anywhere for the clip to go once the fuse block is in place.

Attachments

·
RunOpel
949 Posts
Thanks for the explanation, the photos do wonders for my mind :) Now it makes complete sense. Got to love German technology :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts