Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
It's listed in ebay motors, under parts>transmitions>BMW. It's ebay item number 2452839792 (ending today!!!) and item number 2453355916 and item number 2453693250 (this one refuses to ship and is located in Denver, so unless you have friends or family there, that won't help you). Sorry I don't have the links for you right now. I hope this helps. Good luck!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a friend in denver :) Are these the same model getrags that OGTS sells? I thought we needed the getrag out a bmw 318....or are the trannies the same (fuzzy on the exact bmw). Just want to know if the 'kit' from OGTS will help these to 'bolt in' (custom linkage is not fun!).

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I want to bid on Item #2453355916 IF it is the correct Getrag for our GT's. Can one of the more knowledgable folks in the group read the description and lett me know if it looks ok. Also, what else do I/will I need to do the conversion.
Thanks, Craig

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Getrag models explained

kmon said:
I have a friend in denver :) Are these the same model Getrags that OGTS sells?
The problem with the 24x model Getrag is their integrated (as in, cast-in) bellhousings which mate with the back of the block and make them VERY engine specific!!! Opel's bellhousing bolt pattern is different from BMW's. The fact that it's listed as a model 245 (Opel's is 240) should be a big red flag for you. Sorry.
:(

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Thanks for the clarification on the model # - I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a 240. What Opels did thes come on? I assume they were european models available after Opel stopped importing cars here in 1975..right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts