Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet is this weekend what are we going to do, I'm not talking about where but if we are meeting due to the current world situation?

·
RunOpel
1,246 Posts
Gene if I lived closer, I would be coming to the meet. Hope it doesn't get cancelled. Good luck :)

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,082 Posts
I think we need to participate in the non-existence of meetings these days, and have our beers at home.

Dieter

·
Registered
346 Posts
I thought Georgia is open for business. Gatherings within the venue are limited to like ten people or something??

·
Opel Addicts
2,462 Posts
We cancelled our Chili meet in March and our summer meet. Just too much risk for us, our friends and families in this uncertain time. We wish you all good health. As our friend Spock used to say - "Live well and prosper!"
Allen and Vickie Gage

·
Registered
767 Posts
Gene, I'm afraid it is a no-go for us and it should be for the club as well. The guidelines for restaurants are no more than 6 in a party. And while some businesses are open, we are still urged to maintain social distancing. I am looking forward to dining out but under the guidelines of my wife & I only at our table with no one else within 6 feet and a masked server taking our order off of disposable menus. So, we will be joining Dieter by having a beer at home away from everyone else.

Reactions: JudokaJohn

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dan, Pam and Dieter
I am in total agreement with y'all, I just want to make this thought known to the whole GA group. I do not want to help possibly spread the virus so we can see how things are when July gets here and reassess at that time, so to all please stay safe and well!!

·
1,582 Posts
Sounds good.

·
Army Rotorhead
432 Posts
Disappointed...
I think it would be a perfect time for Red Top Mountain or Vogel. Grilling out just without the handshakes.

Reactions: guyopel

·
Opeler
876 Posts
Disappointed...
I think it would be a perfect time for Red Top Mountain or Vogel. Grilling out just without the handshakes.
I like they way you think. Maybe it can be done in June, this would give everyone a few more weeks to figure out what they're comfortable with.

·
1,582 Posts
That sounds good, an outside cooking "eat & meet".

Reactions: AV8R

·
Super Moderator
9,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok GA Opelers, if you want to meet then looks like the Dreamland BBQ in Duluth is going to allow dine in. They will take up to 10 but split it into two groups of 5 on two tables near each other so 11 am this Saturday.

·
1,582 Posts
I will be there.

·
Registered
767 Posts
We are a definite Maybe. :)

We have a lot of things going on this week and it would be great to take a break and see all of you.

Dan

Reactions: guyopel

·
1,582 Posts
If you have a Opel and are in the Duluth,GA area this Saturday you are welcome to stop by at Dreamland BBQ for an Opel meeting/lunch get together.
John

·
Registered
767 Posts
I just outsourced one of our projects so we can be there. Cya at 11-ish.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts