Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
15,879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gas Monkey Garage is selling 2 Opel GT's. The link below is to a video on Facebook that shows one of the cars constantly changing colors and body kits. It's pretty cool. Hopefully some of you can view it. It might be visible on YouTube.

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
Gas Monkey Garage is selling 2 Opel GT's. The link below is to a video on Facebook that shows one of the cars constantly changing colors and body kits. It's pretty cool. Hopefully some of you can view it. It might be visible on YouTube.

Here’s the correct url

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
493 Posts
I am a fan of the early GMG.
But no thank you. I could not bear to see what happens.

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
They are asking $2500 for both cars. No indication of rust, but if they are Texas cars...interiors are baked...might be worth checking out.

Reactions: Autoholic

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Well It did run after a while. The Old Mechanic that worked on, and taught me, about Opels had a shop on the outskirts of Greensboro. Numerous times I saw him fire off an Opel Engine and It danced circles on the concrete floor until the gas ran out. The motors were about bulletproof.

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
2,881 Posts
One of the GT's is a 1.1 with a slush box, looking at the photos.

Part of me says figure it out and buy them, make the 1.9 into a race car for cheap.

·
Can Opeler
3,754 Posts
One of the GT's is a 1.1 with a slush box, looking at the photos.

Part of me says figure it out and buy them, make the 1.9 into a race car for cheap.
It also has the single carb manifold which wasn’t offered on a GT. That’s the low HP kadett set up. That steering wheel is from a 1975 Opel I think too. Looks like it has a 1.9L automatic Opel interior as well. Weird

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The steering wheel on the yellow one appears to be from a manta?

·
Detritus Maximus
3,190 Posts
These cars are down to $1500 for the pair in the current Craigslist ad.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
You Know I often think about how fun it would be for the whole community to come together and do some ( or 1 ) build as a group for the community.
certain work done by different members as a collaboration and those not wanting to be hands on could donate parts or funds to the community build
Just a thought, for all to be apart and really represent what we're all really about. At the end of the day we all like to see these saved.
But we can't all afford to save them all by one's self.

·
Registered
The Young One
668 Posts
You Know I often think about how fun it would be for the whole community to come together and do some ( or 1 ) build as a group for the community.
certain work done by different members as a collaboration and those not wanting to be hands on could donate parts or funds to the community build
Just a thought, for all to be apart and really represent what we're all really about. At the end of the day we all like to see these saved.
But we can't all afford to save them all by one's self.
That would be a lot of fun! Then on the side of the car we could have opelgt.com written on the side to advertise opelgt.com. Just an idea.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Sure that could be possible as well as any sponsors that helped out with the build.
But I think we would need to come up with a game plan first as to would we need to start a club per say so said car could be registered to the (club)
It would need to be set up in a fashion that all the members here that will be involved are a share holder of said (club)
I only thought of this because our Canadian friends and there (co-op) program seems like there on to something good there and I was thinking on how to expand that into a broader approach I guess you could say which in the bigger picture (in my mind) would be to preserve more of these opels in a club/group setting where everyone involved has and shares the same interest and holds the same shares so everyone is an equal of sorts.
Anyway this will never go or get off the ground anyway More of a pipe dream than anything else.
But I do believe it could work.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts