Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello
I have no connection between my gas pedal from the GT and the Solex 30/35 carburator!
I only have a levrage that goes from the pedal (on top of the fuel pump and goes to the rear end where there is a piece of metal with two holes ! from there nothing connects to the carburator so i can use the pedal!
Im not sure exacly what im missing/what to buy
Im posting a picture how the engine looks like.(not my actual engine/car). it's a 1100 cc!
Also im placing a few pics with the leverages i found online maybe you can advise me on witch one i should buy!
Carburator is a 30/35 Solex! The engine is the same as t 1965-1973 Opel Kadett B
1967-1970 Opel Olympia A
Thank you!
ive made a drawing of what i do have in last pic :) lol

Attachments

4,243 Posts
All the lever you show up here are for the 1900 GT with a 32/32 TDID twin barrel Solex down draft!
The Carburator you show up here is a single barrel 35 PDSI.
By those customs mods it need also a custom lever,made by self.Or you find the conecting rod from the twin 35PDSI!

· Master Story Teller & Fabricator
17,656 Posts
You will need about 1/2 of the linkage rods in the first picture. Those are the expensive stainless steel replacement rods. They are VERY nice to have and will work better than the originals. The rod and bracket in the 3rd picture is the special rod for a single side draft carburetor, you do not need that one, but the bracket is very nice to have. That rod is shorter and adjustable, but you need the normal, longer, not adjustable rod. The first picture is the full, normal, oem, set of linkage rods.

· Senior Contributor
5,199 Posts
This is a 1.9 with a 32/36 Weber.

Attachments

4,243 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Here is a nice picture too!

http://www.opel-gt-club.ch/media/images/thumbnails/gt5-970.jpg

I dont no why! More and more I think this 1100 GT here is purchased in Neuried/Germany by ebay:ugh:
It is bought from Germany and also ebay but difrent part of the country!
As explained in my previous post wanted to buy a working car and got a project
Having the only GT in my country does not help for parts!
I dont know if the engine is original !I tought there is a single carb version also as when looking for parts i see two version of the 1.1! acording to wiki the same engine was used in the kdaett B
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opel_OHV_engine#1.1
Anyway i will try and adapt them somehow to the single 32/35 solex!

· Opel Key Master
5,586 Posts
1969 and 70 GTs could have had a 1.1SR engine which is the same engine that a Kadett Rallye was optioned with. You have a manifold and carb setup from a standard Kadett with 1.1.

The linkage for the 1.1 with 1 carb on the GT will have to be fabricated if that is the way you choose to keep it.
Two things....you bought a car that you cannot find another in your country so its rare in that point of view, but you also bought a rarer model having the 1.1SR engine equipped. These are not that easy to find here in the states either, so there will be specific 1.1 only GT parts that will be tough to get.

With that said, I might have a dual carb setup for a GT, but I would have to check if I have a linkage setup for them. I also have the air cleaner assembly for the engine. I checked my columns, I do not have a 69 ignition and sleeve.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have toked a few pictures of what i have to work with!

Attachments

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Do you guys think this linkage would be enough or do i need the 4th smaller one also?
This one is on ebay for 50$
The only potehr alternative i have is the chromed one but its 120 Euro witch seme a litlle high!
Im not sure if i will need the 4tyh smaller one also or not
Thank you

Attachments

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know il have to do some modifications to the carburatoor in order to adapt it!
bUt im missing the entire roads from the gass pedal to carburator so dont i still need to buy these than figure out how i adapt it to my single solex carb?

· Registered
433 Posts
Look at the linkage attached to the valve cover, see if you can do something like that or maybe a cable and bell-crank system. See this site for some ideas.

https://www.dellorto.co.uk/product-category/car-accessories/linkage-kits-accessories/

You don't have the proper valve cover for the GT so I am guessing it is from a Kadett. I have only ever seen a 1100 GT once over 30 years ago in a scrapyard. See if you can find the valve cover and linkage from a 1100 GT. Or ask Opelspyder to sell you the whole dual carb setup if he can find it.

Attachments

· Über Moderator
6,661 Posts
I wonder if an aftermarket/home-built throttle cable set up, actuated by the GT pedal linkage lever, wouldn't be an easier and better solution. It's been done many times for single and dual side drafts, so there are plenty of ideas on how to do it.

17,656 Posts
I agree. Making a cable throttle set up would probably be easier for you. A "cable throttle" is basically just a bicycle or motorcycle brake/throttle cable set up. A cable, a cable housing, and two brackets: One at each end of the cable housing. Most people weld a lever that sticks out the side of the front-to-rear solid linkage rod that you already have. You drill a hole in that lever and thread a bicycle cable through it. As the rod rotates, the lever goes up and down, which pulls on the cable. Next you need to make and attach a bracket just above the lever with a hole in it. Thread the cable through the bracket's hole, then slide the cable through about 500mm(about 18") of cable housing. Next make another bracket, with a hole in it, that attaches to the valve cover or the engine near the carburetor. Thread the cable through. All that remains is how to attach the cable to the carb. Bicycle cables have what we call "adjusting barrels" at the ends of the cable housing to let you remove the slack in the cable. I can't see from your pics how the throttle is designed, so I can't suggest how you would attach the cable to the throttle.

There are some pictures here of some experiments I did to make a cable throttle:

http://www.opelgt.com/forums/member...-album690-carbs-intakes-exhausts-2-page2.html

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Throttle cable

Thank you for the link and more important the good ideea explained in pictures!
That will be the best way to o considering what i have to work with!
I tought the converstion will be way more complicateed but you just made it easier with those picturees!
owe you one

17,656 Posts
There are many many ways to make a cable throttle. There is a company here called Lokar that specializes in making cable set ups for throttles, transmissions, and parking brakes. Here is a link to 10 pages of different set ups they sell:

https://www.summitracing.com/search...tOrder=Ascending&keyword=Lokar cable throttle

Look through all the brackets and cable set ups to give yourself some ideas. Another idea that has been done, and that is even suggested by one of our parts suppliers, is to weld the lever directly to the gas pedal arm INSIDE THE FOOTWELL, you don't do anything to the pedal arm or the linkage in the engine compartment. You drill a hole into the sheet metal above the gas pedal, that acts as your first bracket. You weld a lever to the gas pedal arm and run a cable from the lever up to the hole you drilled in the sheet metal. You then slide some cable housing onto the cable and run the cable and housing to the bracket you make on the engine and then to the carburetor. Here is a simple picture I made to show what I'm talking about. Red is the cable, Blue is the cable housing:

Diagram Line Text Parallel

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.