Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the central piedmont of North Carolina, we are averaging 3.57 for regular, (87 Octane) gas. What is it in your area?

·
Can Opeler
3,937 Posts
3.14 in Wichita Falls. Still cheap compared to when I got my driver license in 2012 lol. I remember paying $5 at one point.

·
Super Moderator
14,552 Posts
Now that I’m working in my shop and not traveling much I don’t gas up a lot. Today I topped up my tank and was admittedly surprised at the price hike over the past week.

This is southwestern New Hampshire.
Sky Light Snow Plant Gas

·
Vendor
3,308 Posts

·
Pedal Smasher
1973 Opel GT
3,157 Posts
Americans like to complain about the price of gas but we have it dirt cheap compared to most developed countries. I believe the price of gas should be somewhere close to where it is right now, for oil companies to see a good reason to expand their R&D into new areas. That investment fuels our economy in many ways. Of all things to complain about being too expensive in the US, gas honestly isn’t one of them.

·
Solo II is fun in a GT!
536 Posts
$3.08 at Cosco just up the road in Moore OK. $3.26 at Walmart in Norman OK.
I recall paying a $1.00 a Liter ($3.78gal) while living in Hawaii in the early 80's. After that, I never worried about the price of gasoline.

·
1,902 Posts
If Ram pickup is close to empty I am now looking at close to $100 for fill up. Funny thing is if you would have asked where we would be at now a few years back, I would have guessed more than we are. On trip to Germany in 08 I think gas was about double back home.

·
Vendor
3,308 Posts
Here's another interesting way to view the data. Adjusting for inflation, the cost of a gallon of gasoline in the US has been remarkably stable (even declining a wee bit) Unfortunately, this chart doesn't capture 2021-2022, but I'm guessing that the trend is pretty consistent. In inflation adjusted dollars, the price of gas hasn't moved much more than ~$0.25/gal since the 1970s.

Gasoline Prices Adjusted for Inflation | US Inflation Calculator

·
Opeler
1,598 Posts
Both of my daily drivers need premium and it is $3.40 for Top-Tier Premium 93 at Costco in Houston. Not too alarming as I paid nearly $5.00 for it a number of years ago. We've seen three dollar gas prices and worse for the past 20+ years. Although it fluctuates over time, in real terms, the cost of gas hasn't changed all that much.

On my last driving tour in Europe in 2008 I consistently paid $9-10 per gallon for premium there, so while it is high now, it is not historically high even fifteen years later. Gas prices fluctuate with supply and economic activity (and Ukrainian invasions).

·
Detritus Maximus
3,524 Posts
$8,00 in Germany and still climbing every day...
But you have an autobahn...we have asphalt that deteriorates faster than a sandcastle at high tide and pot holes deep enough to require a lifeguard when it rains.

1 - 20 of 163 Posts