Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that we have discussed this many times in the past, but once more wouldn't hurt. I have a strong gas smell inside the car. (It's a 71 gt BTW) I pulled the tire rack out and found all of the lines were rotted. Now the problem, I have 2 T fittings and no idea how to route the vent lines. I'm sure that I could do it my way, but my way might not be right. Any help would be great! This forum has helped me get a abandoned GT that has not been on the road since 1988 up and running in under 10 months! Far from finished, but these cars are fun to drive!

·
Opeler
5 Posts
OmahaOpel said:
I see that we have discussed this many times in the past, but once more wouldn't hurt. I have a strong gas smell inside the car. (It's a 71 gt BTW) I pulled the tire rack out and found all of the lines were rotted. Now the problem, I have 2 T fittings and no idea how to route the vent lines. I'm sure that I could do it my way, but my way might not be right. Any help would be great! This forum has helped me get a abandoned GT that has not been on the road since 1988 up and running in under 10 months! Far from finished, but these cars are fun to drive!
your gas smell come from the gas wires----they are damaged....(sorry abaoz my bad english)

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
hello again.. i have the same problem.. i found rotted hoses and 2 T fittings. so i just put hoses on them clamped the hoses an ran them to the tank.this was a while back and still a gas smell stays.tired of feeling high every time i drive the gt.... this didn't work:
http://clubs.hemmings.com/clubsites/oana/tech/TankVent.pdf
when i saved it, it just came up as a whole bunch of numbers and letters...(about 4-6 pages worth of nothing) could i have this in a wrong format? and if so how could i fix it?

Moderators Note: Fixed link,so try it again Billy. But you do need to be able to open Adobe Acrobat files, which is what this is. HTH

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
willy g77, Travis' link worked for me. The link you posted wouldn't come up at all.Have you updated your Adobe Acrobat Reader? Jarrell

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
thank you so much!!!!

·
Super Moderator
5,922 Posts
Moderators Note: Fixed link,so try it again Billy. But you do need to be able to open Adobe Acrobat files, which is what this is. HTH

1 - 9 of 9 Posts