Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Opeler
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever attempted dissassembling the factory VDO gauges on a GT to clean/freshen them? I've got the entire dash out of the car right now after doing a new headliner, redoing the heater core, etc. and noticed the gauge faces have a patina on them. It's probably not noticeable installed in the car but while they are sitting there on the bench it got me wondering.........

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
In my attempt to get an accurate clock, I have taken several of the Gt clock faces off to canabilize them into one working one. Take a small blade screwdriver and carefully start to lift the back chrome lip up. You might have to make several passes around the face and it might look like he!! from the back , but if your careful and take your time the face can be worked off. Clean carefully with windex and VERY soft cloth. Put back together in reverse order. Push the lip back down around the face to seal it. I place a thin layer of silicone caulk- like for repairing aquariums- around the back. Works just fine.:D

·
Opeler
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. If I can stop getting distracted, I think I'll give it a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts