Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently bought a '72 Opel, and I can see right away that some of the rubber seals will need to be replaced.

I thought that it would be a good idea to have a list of off the shelf replacements. For example I will need to replace the window scrapers, can they be replaced with basic window scrapers, or do they have to be special ordered?

What other peices are known to be able to be replaced with off the shelf material?

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Well, it would help to know what model of Opel? GT, Manta, SportWagon, Sedan, Kadett?

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i know you can change blades without using opel blades. i stole mine of a 87 s-10 that were brand new. they work great.

·
Detritus Maximus
2,839 Posts
Yugo door weatherstripping is the same as the GT. Easy to find, cut to fit, and it's about 15-20 years newer.

·
Opeler
44 Posts
GT Rubber

Anyone have a thought on possible interchanges for the rubber hood seals on a gt? Mine is missing, but the good news is that the head rush from the gas fumes keeps me from noticing the scraping;)

·
Opeler
30 Posts
On a recent browse through the local PYP, I grapped a couple of inches of weather stripping from the rear door of a 89 Chyysler mini-van. When I got it home, I tried it on the GT and it looks like it will work perfectly for the hood seals. Next time I'm there, I'm going to get the whole thing, which is probably 20 feet long, which will easly do everything I need on the GT.

·
1,973 Posts
I can not find yugo door weather stripping anywhere! I've tried napa, autozone, carquest, advantage, advance auto none of them have it or can order it. has anyone bought any of it before?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts