Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Opel Key Master
5,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goerge Barris GT

Does anyone know of the whereabouts or fate of the George Barris custom Opel GT? I was curious into getting more info about this conversion. Please keep this open to this subject, no changing it like most of these post see. Really curious into to what has happened to it. For those of you who are not familiar with it, look in the Gold edition Opel GT book by Brookland Books, don't ask me about it.
Keith

·
Super Moderator
9,768 Posts
Keith;
I remeber something about that car, but, can't pull the image out from memory (old age) and I don't have the publicatiopn you noted. Can you get a scan?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Don't know. Older show cars were usually discarded. :( Barris's Ala Kart (1958, 1959 AMBR winner) is in pieces in Phoenix. Outlaw and the Munster's car were near destroyed and in pieces before they were rebuilt. Many are gone forever. In the 80's I almost bought the Tijuana Taxi for $5000. (I really, really, really should have.) People didn't care about them until after 1987-88. That's a long time of not caring and it only takes one day. It's not promising.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.