Opel GT Forum banner

61 - 80 of 749 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
It was great meeting everyone yesterday. Had a great time and really enjoyed seeing all the nice Opels in one place. Glad the weather cooperated, after the 52 mile ride home I rolled in the garage just as the first raindrop fell. :veryhappy

Attachments

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,025 Posts
Any discussions of traveling to Charlotte?
Meeting at Edwin's workplace at 10am on Friday, then later on catching Steve in (or near) SC.
If you don't know the exact location of Edwin's workplace (like me), the alternative meeting point is at the QT Gas station at 9:45am.

Dieter

Attachments

·
Army Rotorhead
432 Posts
Murphy hates me!!

My GT seems to be undecided on whether or not to make the trip to Charlotte.
I found a leak from the axle last night and the ignition system totally shut down on me this morning. Lucky for me I was still in the driveway. It was as if the key was suddenly switched off. I guess I'll be looking for bad ground problems tonight and hoping for a simple fix.

If I can't find (and fix) the problem I may be going on my motorcycle rather than in an Opel. ...it's from Germany too...

·
Army Rotorhead
432 Posts
Lance, Veronika is available and is just waiting to be driven, come get her

SteveGT
I guess my inner kid can't stop laughing and running through all the possible X rated responses in my head.
...your new vanity tag should be PIMPNGT...

OH!... Veronika is your GT... hehe

Thanks for the offer. I think I got mine going.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I guess my inner kid can't stop laughing and running through all the possible X rated responses in my head.
...your new vanity tag should be PIMPNGT...

OH!... Veronika is your GT... hehe

Thanks for the offer. I think I got mine going.

Good...your still a sick man....:cool:

SteveGT

·
Registered
765 Posts
November Meet - The 15th?

Hi,

Just wanted to confirm the November meeting. I propose November 15th. I know that it technically is not the 2nd Saturday of the month but November 8th is Atlanta Italian Car Day in Norcross and quite frankly, who can miss the Ferrari, Panteras, Lambos, Alfas, etc... (hopefully last years best in show - Lancia Stratos will be there again)?

As planned at last meeting, Pam & I will host the November meeting and provide food and beverage. I'd like a head count if possible so we can plan properly. Note - we live in Hoschton right next to Chateau Elan so it is a bit of a drive for some of y'all. But, free food (BBQ), beverages (Coca-Cola products along with a selection of craft and "industrial" beers and for Dieter - Jack Daniels, or wine), and plenty of parking. Worth the drive. Come one and all - just need a head count along with preferences - Pork? Brisket? Smoked Turkey? Vegetarian? or Burgers? so we can prep properly.

Let me know. I'll provide address and directions closer to the date. (November 15th)

Dan
(and hope to see y'all at Italian Car Day, we are working hard at getting the Duetto ready)

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,025 Posts
...November 8th is Atlanta Italian Car Day in Norcross and quite frankly, who can miss the Ferrari, Panteras, Lambos, Alfas, etc...
Thanks for the information, I'll put that in my calendar too, and go there with my "Italian" car :lmao::yup:

I'll be there on the 15th, most probably by myself, and BBQ pork will be fine. I know you want to spend a lot of bucks for catering, but can we all bring something? Potato salat? Doritos and dip?

Dieter

·
Army Rotorhead
432 Posts
Count me in +1.
I'm not picky about the food and drink, I look forward to it.

Let me know if I can help with anything.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Dan
Add two from the Milner area.
Heck I might even drive my GT this time.:p
My standing offer still stands - you drive YOUR Opel GT, I'll donate $20 to the charity fund in your honor.

·
Army Rotorhead
432 Posts

·
Army Rotorhead
432 Posts
I'll take part of that action as well, say another $50 or so....
I will be in town so might attend as well.
That would be great.

61 - 80 of 749 Posts