Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those between Dallas and Atlanta along I-20 I may be making a trip in that direction in the next week or so. If you need some parts let me know and I will load them up and drop them off to you along the way. Gene are you still needing the windshield for your wagon? If you still need the front clip I will have to bring my truck (freight cost of gas). Also while in the Atlanta area I would like to meet some fellow Opelers.

Rodney Killingsworth
Opel Club of Texas

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
Rodney;
I have a windshield now. The front clip is still in the works, as I have a line on one from NC, but, it may be May before I can get it. and I really can't afford yours right now. The body that you showed me for cutting up, looks to be too good to cut up.

·
Opeler
99 Posts
meeting

I live in Jefferson, about 35 min north of atlanta...but im gonna be having school and work in the next couple of weeks, so i dont know how the timeframe could work...but anyway, if we can figure out to, i wouldnt mind meeting some fellow opelers...
-Rob

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gene, the car that I was going to cut up has no title and the floor pans a way gone but for you I would cut it up.

Rob, I will keep you posted on departure and time frame that I will be there.

·
Opeler
99 Posts
parts?

yeah, i was wondering if you have a radiator-fan cowl for an opel gt?
my cars overheating and ive flushed the radiator/block like 4 times, so apart from pulling the head and mechanically clean the water jacket, this is my last hope...
but if you do have one, i think i might be able to buy it, as long as the price is right:cool:
-Rob

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm just barely north of Atlanta, but my Opel is still under construction. Do you happen to have the front bumper for a GT? If so, please email me and let me know how much you want for it [email protected]
Also, if your Opel will be making the trip, I'd love to see it in person. The only Opel I've ever seen that's running is Gene's.

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Rodney,

I'm looking for a good hub to hub rear end for my 1973 GT. I may have to beg Gene to hold it for me till I can drive up one weekend if timing is a problem.
PM with the price.

Ken

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Fan shroud no problem.

Front bumpers I have a couple will get pictures of them not perfect condition.

No 73 third member but may have 71 or 72, are you looking for replacement or parts, do you need trailing arms, panhard rod, torque tube, doughnut mont, rear disc, 390 gears, may have 318 gears also, rear sway bar (Impulse).

Won't be driving the Killer TX GT for a least another 3 to 4 weeks see attached photo and thats not all.

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Say 20 for the shroud. Are running a 5 blade fan or 7 blade?

·
Vendor
2,428 Posts
Dang...hate I'll miss you Rodney! I now live in PA, so if you're ever up this way let me know. Tell Theresa I said hello.

Todd K.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Georgia trip

Rodney( I saw they called you that) I,m richard. I live in south Alabama and was wondering if your route will come near here. If so I would love to meet with you if my work schedule will allow. I live in Ariton , Al which is about 65 miles south of Montgomery. Let me know route and time frame. I also have alot of GT spare parts.

·
Senior Contributor
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Headed out that way Wednesday, I have two bumpers (say 40 -50 each) will bring them to Gene's, with shroud, and Genes rims from David,along with rubber strip for bumper.
Sorry Relove can,t make it south this trip.

Rodney

·
Super Moderator
9,826 Posts
Rodney;
Did you and Ken Litke (Opelblitz) come to an agreement on a rear end? I don't mind holding one here till he can make arrangements
Gene

·
Opeler
51 Posts
Gene,

I did not hear from Rodney, I guessing he did not have a nice and quiet late model GT rear end that I could buy. And I knew I could count on you to house it for me until I drive to your house. Thanks again and I am still looking for one........anybody?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Being one of the Opel folks in Atlanta. I would like to meet up with all the other Opelers in Atlanta when you come to town. When and were is a good place to cross paths?

Atlanta has some good locations to cross paths (i.e. "THE BIG CHICKEN", Stone Mountian Park, Red Top Mountian, Lake Allatoona, Lake Acworth.....)

I would pick some place that everyone knows that has food and free parking (i.e. THE BIG CHICKEN).

Rick

·
GT Owner
429 Posts
Opelblitz, Perhaps you missed Rodney's question about the rear end parts you needed.

No 73 third member but may have 71 or 72, are you looking for replacement or parts, do you need trailing arms, panhard rod, torque tube, doughnut mont, rear disc, 390 gears, may have 318 gears also, rear sway bar (Impulse).

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.