1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,245 Posts
Would it be inappropriate to cut and paste directly to our site somewhere semi prominent with credit or possibly the link included to give credit to the original source?

Before I get too excited, "Cool Find Otto!" :bigok:

Harold

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Would it be inappropriate to cut and paste directly to our site somewhere semi prominent with credit or possibly the link included to give credit to the original source?

Before I get too excited, "Cool Find Otto!" :bigok:

Harold
Harold, is some of Mr. Dave A.'s paranoia rubbing off a bit here perhaps or are you just being your usual 'good guy' self?! :rolleyes:

The site where this HTM (actually) - did you notice the MG logo watermarked all over the background - is located is "Dieter's www.mgfcar.de", an enthusiasts authored site for the most recent MG F and TF cars production.

I would not think he would have any problem with our Opel site use of this English/German automotive term dictionary, especially if credit/link were posted. Besides, I'm fairly sure he's not the original author of that HTM dictionary, though that's beside the point in any case.

·
Super Moderator
8,245 Posts
Harold, is some of Mr. Dave A.'s paranoia rubbing off a bit here perhaps or are you just being your usual 'good guy' self?! :rolleyes:
Actually it was stressed to us in college to give credit for the work we might use. Believe me, once I found out how to search for Powerpoint Presentations, I gave credit, even though the Powerpoints were free for the taking. Didn't want people to think that I was smart enough to create some of the neat Powerpoint's that I used, they would have expected more out of me. :D

The site where this HTM (actually) - did you notice the MG logo watermarked all over the background - is located is "Dieter's www.mgfcar.de", an enthusiasts authored site for the most recent MG F and TF cars production.
Didn't notice the watermarks, I guess I was so excited by the definitions that I didn't even notice. You know, it's kind of like when photographers pose scantily clad malnourished young ladies in front of an Opel, I only notice her when I realize she is blocking my view. :bs2:

Just wondering why there would be a German translation on an MG site. Last I recall there were still a few Brits left that weren't real keen on anything German! :yup:

Harold

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually it was stressed to us in college to give credit for the work we might use. Believe me, once I found out how to search for Powerpoint Presentations, I gave credit, even though the Powerpoints were free for the taking. Didn't want people to think that I was smart enough to create some of the neat Powerpoint's that I used, they would have expected more out of me. :D

Didn't notice the watermarks, I guess I was so excited by the definitions that I didn't even notice. You know, it's kind of like when photographers pose scantily clad malnourished young ladies in front of an Opel, I only notice her when I realize she is blocking my view. :bs2:

Just wondering why there would be a German translation on an MG site. Last I recall there were still a few Brits left that weren't real keen on anything German! :yup:

Harold
Weren't those latest retro MGs motivated by German (BMW) drive-trains? Drive-train service manuals, the good ones :rolleyes:, anyway, were probably in German, hence English/German term dictionary. Probably tough for Brits to admit to anything of German origin in "their" cars, hence English/German dictionary, not German/English! :lmao:

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Searching for something else . . .

. . . thought this worth a BUMP! for all the newbies here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts