Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Name is Ed. Recently bought a 73 Opel. It came out of Louisville,Ky. Always wanted one (since 76 when a bud of mine in the Marines had a beautiful little 70 GT). Have owned a lot of cars... 56 chevys, 56 ford pickups,40 Cadillac LaSalle, 56 Cadillac ,69 Cadillac convertible, 64 Triumph tr4, MG midgets...but never owned what my heart yearned for , a GT! FINALLY, I got one. I bought sight unseen and it does have some rust issues but thanks to this forum and a couple of great guys on here(shotout to Gene and Nick) , I am going to be able to remedy this.

This forum has been really valuable in getting parts and info to get me on the right track. The information is incomparable and I spend most of my free time on here LEARNING.

Back to my mid-life crisis. Recently I bought a 76 VW Westfalia(camper), A 74 BMW 2002 and of course my little 73OPEL. My wife pointed out that all three were german born. I had not paid any attention .Probably need to lay off the Becks beer for a while:eek:Seriously, this is the best forum I have been on.Thank you.

·
boomerang opeler
5,629 Posts
welcome to the site :)

those german car do creep up on you

·
Registered
11,747 Posts
Welcome Ed to the site
We Germans have a way to get under your skin. :D
Causing serious problems ie opelitis and with no cure.
The doctors are working over time BUT its not looking good.

·
531 Posts
You can run, but you can't hide

:lmao: I think I'm sharing the same mid-life crisis, Ed. I started out with British cars when I was a teen, owned MG's, Triumphs, even a jag. Now, somehow, unplanned, I find myself on the other side of 40 with an Opel GT, an 82 BMW 320i, and an '87 Porsche 928. And no British cars! (just sold the last one, a GT6 last year)
I don't know how they do it, but the German cars infect you...or maybe I should blame my brother, he's had a whole parade of 2002's

Cheers,

jtb

·
Cam-in-head?
238 Posts
So it's not just me...

My 1st ride was a '68 Kadett L wagon, and I've never looked back. My current Deutschland collection includes (all in use) a '67 Kadett L Kiemen Coupe, a '73 BMW R75/5 and '81 R100RS motorcycles, 3 GTs, a '75 Ascona and an '03 VW TDI Jetta wagon. The beautiful '81 Mercedes 240D went with the ex-wife but it shows up at my place occasionally for maintenance. The neighbors think I'm running a European repair shop.

-Kurt

·
1000 Post Club
4,109 Posts
It is not just cars

Opelitis will morph into other aspects of your life. I ended up buying a used english seat saddle about 10 years ago and it turned out to be German made!! I then bought a Saab, but its roots are from, yeah, you guessed it, Germany!! Opelitis is relentless:lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts