Opel GT Forum banner

301 - 320 of 336 Posts
4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #301 (Edited)
Gordon
Thanks that you make the video and pictures.
Now I can see the GTX model have a good place and you can enjoy it with the light show.
Hope you enjoy also the details at all.
You have take a look at the interieur,door panels and engine bay with the Gordo picture??

Thanks for this feedback now

Norbert:veryhappy

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
4 hours of moving cars around and dozens of pics just to get a few good ones. Then I made a video, but ran out of memory just before the cool shot of the lights dancing on the model GTX's hood.

Here's the video:

https://youtu.be/hFimfKJObx0

Here's the pics that were good enough. The first 4 all seem the same, but are slightly different. Pic your favorite.

View attachment 382689 View attachment 382691 View attachment 382693 View attachment 382695 View attachment 382697 View attachment 382699 View attachment 382701 View attachment 382703

Wonderful work as usual Norbert!
https://www.opelgt.com/forums/images/smilies/bs2.gif
:veryhappy

OK, so where is the mirror that should be under the "big model"? ... :bs2: ... :lmao:

Doug

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,251 Posts
Gordon

You have take a look at the interieur,door panels and engine bay with the Gordo picture??

Norbert:veryhappy
I noticed those things a long time ago. Today I noticed the sunglasses on the dash and the turnbuckles for the trailer hitch, plus I saw a little bit of the yellow A-arms. The turnbuckles were a big surprize! Also the little chromy ashtray. I was showing it to my neighbor and he opened the door too far and it popped off and that is when I noticed the Miata door handles.

You are a very clever guy Norbert!

:yup:

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
I noticed those things a long time ago. Today I noticed the sunglasses on the dash and the turnbuckles for the trailer hitch, plus I saw a little bit of the yellow A-arms. The turnbuckles were a big surprize! Also the little chromy ashtray. I was showing it to my neighbor and he opened the door too far and it popped off and that is when I noticed the Miata door handles.

You are a very clever guy Norbert!

:yup:
Yes the doors,:ugh: You can fix and snap in the door as best in a 45° angel.Is easy to do!
Handle with care,its not a Kids toy!

Next to the ashtray lays the keys!

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,251 Posts
I have this beautiful, almost perfect, PRNDL in my parts stash.

The bolts you asked about are standard 5/16" bolts with a flange around the bolt head to spread out the force. The stainless bolt in the picture is a 2" long bolt. The stock bolt is 5/8" long.

Norbert.jpg

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #307 (Edited)
I have this beautiful, almost perfect, PRNDL in my parts stash.

The bolts you asked about are standard 5/16" bolts with a flange around the bolt head to spread out the force. The stainless bolt in the picture is a 2" long bolt. The stock bolt is 5/8" long.

View attachment 385399
Thank you so much for search and check the bolt thread
Wow this PRNDL looks soooooo fantastic:cool:

Now I must search for four bolts with flange head UNC 5/16"x 1 1/4"long and four nuts UNC 5/16"
Must be in grad 8 Correct??

Norbert:sigh:

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,251 Posts
They are only oil pan bolts on an auto tranny that are torqued to less than 20 lbs.. I do not think they need to be strong. Normal good quality bolts should be good enough. The important and hard part is to find ones with the big flange around the bolt head. They are very similar to the bolts used on a differential cover, but they are American thread.

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Why do you need such long tranny pan bolts and with nuts also?

PICTURES!
I buy ones just in time now. 4 bolts in 5/16 UNC 1 1/4 long and 4 bolts in 5/16 UNC 1 1/8 long. And 4 self secure nuts.
I need it for the new bracket what hold the shifter linkage.
You know I must swap the linkage from right side to the left side.

Wahaha
I`m not drill not bigger holes:lmao:

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,251 Posts
Do you need anything else? I have an extra cover and 1-2 of the black plastic frames that hold the PRNDL and the brushes. They have one crack, like all of them have, because the shift handle is fatter than the opening and the plastic does not flex like when new. No brushes. I do not need those things for my car.

Do you want me to send the PRNDL right now?

:thinking:

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Do you need anything else? I have an extra cover and 1-2 of the black plastic frames that hold the PRNDL and the brushes. They have one crack, like all of them have, because the shift handle is fatter than the opening and the plastic does not flex like when new. No brushes. I do not need those things for my car.

Do you want me to send the PRNDL right now?

:thinking:
Gordon
The gap on the rear in the brusch frame is no crack:no:
Its from Factory! So you can easy remove when must change a fail bulb:yup:

Oh
I only need the PRNDSL letter plastic glass.The other parts I have still in my shelf.
Tell me what you want for it.So you can send it right now!

Norbert

·
Just Some Dude in Jersey
14,251 Posts
Gordon
The gap on the rear in the brusch frame is no crack:no:
Its from Factory! So you can easy remove when must change a fail bulb:yup:

Norbert
Really? I think I smell poopy. Sounds like bull schitt to me. :lmao: I will now have to check all of the ones I have to see if the crack is in the same place.

You owe me nothing. I will put it in the mail as soon as I can.

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #314 (Edited)
Really? I think I smell poopy. Sounds like bull schitt to me. :lmao: I will now have to check all of the ones I have to see if the crack is in the same place.

You owe me nothing. I will put it in the mail as soon as I can.

Thank you so much.
Gordon you think I lie?
The main problem is Opel Plant Bochum make this Gap in the frame all the time:yup:
Opel Plant Collingswood make it not.They take a hack saw. So the gap is not at the same place:lmao:

Let us stopp here now.Its my Model thread!
Let us go to my Member projekt thread.

Norbert

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Ah, now we finally see the Schnausewerks Assembly Plant!

Is that the kitchen table?

Mrs. Schnause is going to kick your azz.

hahahahahahahaha freakin hahahahahhaha oh my gosh hahahahahaha
I have to say holy crap that is fantastic work you are the scale model God!:haha:

·
RunOpel
1,228 Posts
Norbert you are incredible. Your craftsmanship is beyond anything I have ever seen. You must have extreme patience. It took me awhile to read over all the old posts and ponder over the pictures, but WOW incredible. Very nice work. I thought I was a nut when it comes to Opel’s, I see there are a lot of others that are into Opel’s way more than I. Nice work and thanks for sharing.

4,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #319 (Edited)

·
Senior Contributor
1,510 Posts
Thank You Norbert

Norbert,, Your attention to detail is Really is Awesome,,, You are the '' Best Model Builder I have ever seen""

Your work is Outstanding DSCF2002.jpg

To have Norbert make you a scale model of your Opel.... IS Truly a Honor ... Thank You... I love to Display my Blue Opel GT Model
and he supplied a super nice display Box too.. Lights Up nicely .. Thank You,,, Thank You,, Thank You.. My friend Norbert :veryhappy

DSCF2014.jpg

26179418ha.jpg

26286102ed.jpg

Everyone...All the Best for Norbert :yup: His a One of a Kindest Opeler Ever,,... and his Opel Passion , and his Opel knowledge and scale model building runs Deep within his Heart..

DSCF2014.jpg

All the Best For Norbert :veryhappy

Mike

Attachments

301 - 320 of 336 Posts