Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Classic Motorsport Magazine is asking the question: "What is the best classic?"
They have an online ballot on their website - http://www.classicmotorsports.net/

The winner will be presented in their January 2005 edition and the top 12 will be featured in a special calendar. Voting deadline is October 18.

Lets use the power of the Classic Opel Community to get Opel recognized!!

As they used to say in Chicago, "Vote early, vote often!"

·
1000 Post Club
4,117 Posts
If you are voting for the GT, I put 1969-73 in the "year" slot. :D

·
77 Posts
Votes are in........... Quote "vote early and vote often." :confused: Is one permitted to do that in the USA dohh :confused:

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Vote!!!

fredopelgt said:
Votes are in........... Quote "vote early and vote often." :confused: Is one permitted to do that in the USA dohh :confused:
Apparently it's permitted in Chicago. (and other liberal districts) You can even vote democrat if you're dead!!!!

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fredopelgt said:
That is a joke that came out a long time ago during the term of a Chicago Mayor. There was a question about corruption and voting irregularities where dead people were found to have voted.

·
101st Airborne 1/327 Inf
1,322 Posts
Vote Early and Vote Often

Not to start a political debate but my take on "Vote Early, Vote Often" is to get as many hits on the classic motor sports website prior to the October 18th deadline for a OPEL (GT, Manta, whatever your classic opel family member), to win or place in the top twelve. :D

·
Administrator
10,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
MICAH1 said:
Not to start a political debate but my take on "Vote Early, Vote Often" is to get as many hits on the classic motor sports website prior to the October 18th deadline for a OPEL (GT, Manta, whatever your classic opel family member), to win or place in the top twelve. :D
That was the initial intent. Then I wanted to explain the origin of that quote to our European friend, fredopelgt.

I thought you could only vote once, but it looks like 2 votes were taken from my work IP address.

So.... "Vote Early, Vote Often"! Let's get some respect for our Opels! :D

·
77 Posts
Gary said:
That is a joke that came out a long time ago during the term of a Chicago Mayor. There was a question about corruption and voting irregularities where dead people were found to have voted.
:eek: What have I done. This was "British Humour" as seen by the Homer quote However, thanks for the History of the orginal quote.

If your on snail mail, (dial-up) your ISP changes every time.

I've voted often ;)

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
I voted!!!

that is great, i'm not 18 and i get to vote.... :D .. well i voted more than once. hopefully we will win...

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Mayor Daley . . .

Gary said:
Wasn't that Mayor Daley and his henchmen? :confused:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts