Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I am alone in that my better half just doesn't understand about opels? I understand that I am a little crazy but "AAAAHHHHHHHH"Sorry I just had to yell.Then again that maybe what she says.Thanks Tim

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
"..........YOU SPEND MORE TIME WITH THOSE STUPID_A** CARS THAN ME............"

ya, i used to get that too, altho she wasnt a spouse, i still had to listen to her for 2 years about it:rolleyes:

·
What's a Nopel?
352 Posts
Just Remember...

GT Tim said:
I was wondering if I am alone in that my better half just doesn't understand about opels? I understand that I am a little crazy but "AAAAHHHHHHHH"Sorry I just had to yell.Then again that maybe what she says.Thanks Tim
You can't always get another Opel! :D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Marc said:
You can't always get another Opel! :D
Yes you can. :D Drives them wild. Mine asked me the other day when I drug the blue one in, didn't I have enough? So, I replied as someones signature here has said " Opels are like dollar bills, not worth a lot, but after a while they add up." Great saying, I love it. :D Jarrell

·
No....its not a Buick....
1,546 Posts
my better half wouldnt ride in my gt if the seat was lined with hundred dollar bills! She says that little thing is a death-trap and someday I'll get squashed like a bug by some soccer mom in a SUV (probly talking on her cell-phone!) Well, the bright side of this is I dont have to worry about her stealing the keys and joy riding! And..... little does she know...... SOME soccer moms drive BMW's or Benz's and I get some winks from them too!!!!!!! HEH HEH!!!!!!!
(hope she's not reading over my shoulder);)

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not married but we have been good friends for 12 years only dating 2.So I think it's the same.Thanks I am so glad that I am not the only one.Oh yeah SORRY guys.My Opel isn't going any where and no I will not chill out.:eek:

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
Tim, I was driving down here to the shop after getting back and was debating how to say the exact same thing, only in reverse.

·
Old Opeler
5,564 Posts
No Hope .....

Other women, they can compete with ... Opels leave them beat before they start!
2 billion women on Earth ... but only a few thousand GTs ... and women are still being made. :D

·
Super Moderator
9,751 Posts
Mine actually doesn't mind me having/working on Opels. That way she knows I'm staying out of "trouble" (read: wine, women and song;) ) As long as her Opel is running, she doesn't care.:D :D

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
My Opel is known as "The other woman."

I get Crap ALL THE TIME. It's been referred to as "that stupid car" on several occasions.

It's pretty bad that a Fathers Day Gift is "A weekend I can work on the car."

You can better believe that that weekend, I spent close to 16 hours on it. :D

·
crazy opeler
558 Posts
I guess I've just been lucky because I've actually never had any problem with it from girlfriends. In fact most of them like the fact that I have such interesting hobbies, especially at my age. I even make the girlfriends work on them too!

I just need to make sure that one day when I do get married that the girl knows that I will be spending A LOT of time working on opels and that I WILL be taking over the entire garage!

·
Driver
987 Posts
Yes, my wife does the exact same thing. She just doesn't get it. Mars and Venus! I have been trying to get a shop built for a couple years now. Every time I get close, she gets pissed about spending that much money on "My" hobby. I tell her that the shop will be used to do a lot of projects, including maintaining her car! In the mean time our two car garage is piled high and still has to have room for her car and my GT. The poor Sportwagon has to sit under a tree outside.:(
I guess it's just the nature of the beast. (No pun intended:p)

·
Banned
3,842 Posts
There are only 2 females I'm around much. One want's my GT and the other has 4 of them and run out of room for parts. I'm the one talking slow down now. If that isn't funny I don't know what is.

·
Opeler
43 Posts
When the attention topic comes up, I just remind her about her EX who: couldn't change a spark plug, drinking was his hobby, and chased every skirt in town. My Better Half knows that the smudge on my collar is German Axel Grease and not Lipstick! She should happy to have an Opel Guy.

Max

·
Dr Opeler!!!
27 Posts
I am lucky then that my girlfriend is really fond of my Ascona.

Once I took my father's BMW to pick her up from the bus station and she was upset that I didn't take the Opel! Even more, when we see on the road cars like Mercedes, BMWs, Porsches and these types of vehicles, she snubs them. So, I believe that once I get more involved with my Opel I won't be annoyed by her. (Maybe she will even encourage me to do so!)

·
Opel Addict Since 73
358 Posts
Mine Likes 'em

My wife loves riding in the Opels. She often suggests using the Manta for church on Sundays. She says she wouldn't mind driving the Ascona when it's finished. I haven't yet gotten up the nerve to tell her what that "little thing" is that I welded onto the firewall. (clutch cable adapter) She doesn't drive a manual trans. ;)

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I've been with Margaret for a shade over 20 years. I had my 71 GT before we got together. She found the 72 GT when I lost the 71. After I started the Willit? project, her comment to other folks was, "When he gets it done, his back will go south and I'll HAVE to drive it". Now she wants it finsished so she can put her Montana in the single car garage. But in reality, I'll have to hide the keys when it's done. Her excuse for driving it will be, it gets better gas mileage than the other cars and her mini-van with the same engine. :D

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Even better I come home from a beautiful 18 holes and I hear I stumbled upon something today.Guess?She has never even been on the site and the day after I post this she"accidently" finds it.She will come around the first drive in Stella next spring.

·
Life Long Opeler
692 Posts
oooo, too bad you can't back date a post stating how much you love her even though she doesnt understand. ;)

·
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
She goes along with it but it is one of those woman things.She acts like she's not mad but you know that she is.All it took for me was the sight of the car.She needs to drive it and all will be well.Then again I might have a problem.Thanks Tim

1 - 20 of 42 Posts