Opel GT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From time to time, I notice some folks receiving the strangest gifts for themselves...more apropos-for their Opel(s).

Argon gas, roller rockers, tires, various engine parts...
Unfortunately the, "lightly and lovingly used" tazer doesn't quite fit, but is strange nonetheless.

I tried to get the wife to buy me one of those nifty resonators OGTS has, but doesn't have listed (not stock, but the big 52mm Lenk variety). She just laughed...more like "the scoff" with one raised brow(if your married, don't act like you don't know about the referenced response) and told me, "Never will come the day when I gift you with car parts...And don't think about asking my mother, because you'll only confuse her."

Italian women...

Anyone else having my luck...Or, if your lucky, what's the strangest Opel-related gift you've been given?

· Banned
3,910 Posts
First wife bought me the silver turbo GT that's pictured in my gallery. She wanted my white GT instead of the Silver Manta I got for her.

· Driver
987 Posts
My wife got me my 73 GT one year. Since then she has bought me the OGTS heater control plate and the custom fitted Opel GT car cover. Unfortunately a rat made a nest in the car cover while it was rolled up on the shelf and tore it all up. :mad:
I still have it with plans of patching it one day, but I need to wash it. Smells like rat wiz.

· Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,825 Posts
@nobody and opelenvy: If you ever get separated, please let me know!

Dieter

· Banned
3,910 Posts
We've been divorced a long time now. Women who share or appreciate the excentricities of working on Opels are pretty rare. If you plan on spending time with the car it's best to find a lady that thinks it's cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.