·
1000 Post Club
4,110 Posts
I 2nd that nomination

Reactions: MICAH1

·
RunOpel
1,274 Posts
That does seem very fitting, hope he gets it :)

Reactions: MICAH1

·
Super Moderator
8,170 Posts
I hereby nominate Norbert Schnause to receive the Tom Cavataio Award this year at Carlisle.
There are criteria for the award, so no nominations unless the rules have changed. With that being said, campaign for him all you want, if enough people at Carlisle are in agreement...… Personally, I thought an award named for him might be more fitting.

Harold

·
Pedal Smasher
2,152 Posts
I like Harold's idea. Name an award after Norbert, given to someone found to be very friendly towards all Opelers, always happy to help or answer a question, and rather active in the Opel community. Someone who is an ambassador of the brand and our passion. I can think of a few people I could see this award going to, both young and old. The award could be attached to Opel Nationals but not require the recipient to be present. This makes it possible for European members to be nominated.

·
Super Moderator
8,170 Posts
....I think possibly another award be prepared for Norbert
I like Harold's idea. Name an award after Norbert, given to someone found to be very friendly towards all Opelers, always happy to help or answer a question, and rather active in the Opel community. Someone who is an ambassador of the brand and our passion. I can think of a few people I could see this award going to, both young and old. The award could be attached to Opel Nationals but not require the recipient to be present. This makes it possible for European members to be nominated.
Opelspyder's suggestion, I just repeated it.

Harold

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,116 Posts
I had written in Norbert's name for the TC award at the last few Carlisle meets, unfortunately it never got enough people to pick up on it. Last year's award (and the immediate comment of the winner) showed that we are really running out of people who are really worth to receive this award! :cry:
I will try again this year, maybe times changed ...? Norbert for the TC Award, hooray!!!

Dieter

·
Pedal Smasher
2,152 Posts
Awards named after people don't have to be given out every year. I think awards like that should only be given out when there is a nomination worthy of getting it because it truly fit. It would be more like a petition type award than a competition award.

·
Opel Key Master
5,071 Posts
The Tom Cavataio Spirit Award is an award given out each year at Carlisle to a recipient that falls under a certain set of rules. The recipient must own an Opel, has hosted or prepared an Opel Meet or gathering(this part of the rules is a little flexible). Must have made an impact to the Opel community. You can not receive the award for 5 years after receiving it. There are some other rules I don’t have them in front of me

·
Your Noble Friend ;-)
4,116 Posts
The recipient ... has hosted or prepared an Opel Meet or gathering(this part of the rules is a little flexible).
I believe to remember that it says "must be participating regularly in Opel meetings/gatherings".

Dieter

1 - 17 of 17 Posts