Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss was asking why I was looking so pissed off. I told him how much I hate living in New England, The golf season is to short and you can never tell what the weather is going to be like from day to day.

Just the other day it was 60 digrees outside and the forcast for a trip to the Cape this weekend was looking promising. Then comes old man winter, cold as a wiches nip and laying white stuff all over the greens.

So my boss advised me that I should pick up a second hobbie. Then proceeds to tell me he was cleaning out the garage this weekend and had a 1973 Opel GT.

He tells me it needs a little work I.E. brakes/muffuler and a it has few rust spots. but runs like 1973. If I want the car all I had to do is come and pick it up. My first reaction was what the hell is an Opel GT!

I know little about cars and will do what ever it takes to avoid working on them. I once made a deal with this kid a trip to McDonalds if he would put windshield fluid in my wifes car.

I looked up the car on the enternet and immeditly fell in love with it.

I´m willing to give this a try but the question is what the hell am I going to do with it ?

I wonder how many happy meals it will take to get this car ready for a show ? HELP !!

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
Keep me posted...

Hi All,

I hope I can stay informed about when you all get together. The company I work for is based in Worcester, MA and Manchester, NH so I end up out there about every 6 weeks or so. I would love to visit one of your get togethers to see the cars and meet some of you.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Senior Contributor
874 Posts
That would be great. I just realized that you probably hold them over the weekends, but I could stay over an extra day for it or get in a day early if it were Sunday.

Worcester is great, I can fly into 4 different airports, in 4 different states, and they are all about 1-1.5 hours away! We can't do that in the Midwest!
Manchester, NH - Providence, RI - Boston, MA - Hartford, CT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts