Opel GT Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was watching the original gone in 60 seconds for the first time in awhile, and what do i see? a green opel gt about 30 min. into it. it was just a quick shot as they got ready to tow a 73 challenger but it was there. then about 1 hour and 20 min. the chase goes through a dealer with a sign that says 1973 buicks and opels. i don't know how i missed the opels all the times i watched it, but i did. just thought you'd like to know. :D

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
what!!!!!!!

When he goes to talk to "sway", a red car pulls up right beside another red car. is that what you think is a gt? it is not because it had a uni-bumber. yes the tail lights looked like it but wasn't close enough. if this isn't the part what is? i looked and looked for a gt and din't find it.

·
Senior Contributor
540 Posts
green

later i found it when i seen my friends dvd, i went step by step and found it. lol, sorry about that.

·
Driver
987 Posts
I've also got the DVD. It is clearly a GT next to the "towed" vehicle. When they drive through the Buick dealership you see (in frame by frame) a yellow GT, a Kadett, and what I think is a 1900 all in a row. They are going so fast that it is blurry even in frame by frame. Also in the extra stuff that DVD's are so good about there is a section of him driving Elenor through the back streets. and they cruise through an alley and there is a Kadett coupe sitting in a parking lot. Eventually I am going to try and capture the video to put on the web.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
opelenvy said:
I've also got the DVD. It is clearly a GT next to the "towed" vehicle. When they drive through the Buick dealership you see (in frame by frame) a yellow GT, a Kadett, and what I think is a 1900 all in a row.
i saw a few cars when i did the frame by frame but i don't know enough about the other opel models to say what they were.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: green

Willy_g77 said:
later i found it when i seen my friends dvd, i went step by step and found it. lol, sorry about that.
did you watch the nick cage one first? i was hoping that wouldn't happen.

·
Super Moderator
5,298 Posts
Re: nick cage version

xenophobe said:
did you watch the nick cage one first? i was hoping that wouldn't happen.
Did you catch the first name of the "old pro" (Robert Duvall) at the garage where they meet?!!

Couldn't be more aptly named for an "old car guy", if you ask me!

NOT braggin', just the facts!

:D

·
OPEL-LESS!!!
2,116 Posts
i've seen the old gone in 60 seconds a couple years ago, before i knew what GTs looked like, let alone any other Opel......man now i wanna watch it again to try and catch the shots of the Opels!!!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Re: nick cage version

tekenaar said:
Did you catch the first name of the "old pro" (Robert Duvall) at the garage where they meet?!!

Couldn't be more aptly named for an "old car guy", if you ask me!

NOT braggin', just the facts!

:D
i just dont like nick cage... :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts